Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 08-09-2004, 11:05 AM   #1
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Bike or Die!

I haven't written a review of an app for a long time. Frankly nothing really caught my eye and was different. Bike or Die by Toyspring is an exception. I have only been playing this game for a couple of days and it is already my favorite game. I cannot stop playing and trying to beat my best score. This game is frustrating at times because it is not as easy as it looks. It is also funny to lose because of the animation and the way the guy dies. This game is smooth when you play it cause the processor is not busy with alot of bells and whistles. The sound is okay but you don't need it. The graphics are very nice and simple with the main character being a stick figure and the bike that he's on being a stick bike with wheels. The physics of this game is what makes it funny and good. You have to try it in order to see what I mean. I mean what do you have to lose? One major feature that I did not try yet is that there is a level editor that allows you to edit levels . No really this really makes the game live on and not get boring once you finish the 25 levels that are included in the game. More information on the level editor can be found here. In the future user levels will be available to download here.

I give this game out of

Additional information from the site:

Bike or Die
...is the only Trial Bike racing game for the PalmOS platform.

Features:

* physics-based bike simulation
* 25 big levels (different environments: hills, rocks, snow, caves, etc)
* smooth and fast animation
* record and replay your best games
* on-line Hall of Fame with Time Trial and Freestyle Competitions
* compatible with most palm devices
Old 08-09-2004, 03:20 PM   #2
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I haven't been excited by any pda games lately either, but have heard good things about this one. I think alot of excitement comes with the website competition too, which is cool.

Remarkable considering that the graphics are supposedly so simple.

Thanks for the review zire71man.
Advert
Old 08-10-2004, 04:03 PM   #3
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Glad you liked it...try the game you'll like it.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:16 PM   #4
DmentedOne
DmentedOne began at the beginning.

Device: Palm OS
Hey

I was wondering if anyone knows a site or where to get the registration code for bike or die. If u do please email me at DmentedOne@aol.com
Old 09-02-2004, 05:22 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmentedOne
I was wondering if anyone knows a site or where to get the registration code for bike or die. If u do please email me at DmentedOne@aol.com
http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...oductId=127575

$14.95.
Advert
Old 09-05-2004, 03:04 PM   #6
Zire
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmentedOne
The website at my post has an option to buy the app. Buy it it's worth it. This is not the place to ask the question regarding reg codes.