Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 07-26-2004, 06:09 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Reviews of newly unvealed iPaqs available

Hewlett-Packard has unveiled its fall lineup of new iPaq handhelds, including the first Pocket PC to bundle three major wireless technologies: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular. You can read the first brief PC Magazine reviews here:

- HP iPaq rz1710
- HP iPaq rx3715
- HP iPaq hx4700
- HP iPaq h6315
Old 07-26-2004, 11:57 AM   #2
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
Ugh. The only one of those that even has a CHANCE of getting interested in going back to the dark side would be the HX4700. However, the price ratio/hardware-software capabilities just don't add up enough.

HP/Compaq is definitely TRYING. I'll give them THAT! Definitely trying. I just tend to be a hard customer to please, especially when they have you PAY (through the nose) for the hardware and the software (even the default OS stuff, like the web browser) isn't even optimized for the new hardware specs. At LEAST, however, MS has gotten around to supporting the rotating screens. Bet that caused them no end of embarrassment when Palm and Sony thumped them there. /laugh/
Advert
Old 07-26-2004, 01:31 PM   #3
gadgetguru
Addict
gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Tungsten T5
Only the 6315 look interesting. Quad-band phone that switch between Wifi/GPRS on the fly. Out of the 5-device debuting today, This will be the device that will sells.

The 4700 looks great but why a touchpad and cursor control when you got stylus and touchscreen? VGA screen but at that price? Too high price for too little.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:48 PM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I consider it a prototype model (like the Sharp earlier this year). New tech is always more expensive. By the time I'm ready to buy a VGA ppc (probably this time next year, I reckon), I may actually be able to afford one

Craig.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:43 PM   #5
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
Point to that, Craig. You definitely have a point there. Usually I'm someone who likes to get out there and play with the "new toys", but on this I think I'm gonna definitely do a "wait and see" approach.
Advert