Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
Iskariot
Zealot
Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950 Daily Edition, Kobo Aura HD
Quality rating your ebooks

I decided I needed a quality rating system for my ebook collection.

I remember having read about someone else using a 5 star system who designed a very precise and useful classification for the technical quality of his/her ebooks. This person created an extensive description for what the stars in his/her system represented.

The problem is I do not remember where I read it.
Perhaps Someone here can help me out. I might have even read about it here.

I did a search first of course. But I came up with nothing.
I did read "How I Manage eBooks with calibre" by Unboggling, who uses a quality rating system too, but it is not what I am looking for. It is a bit too vague for me.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Iskariot; 09-14-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Iskariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Intentionally vague, because generally the more I try to conform to some more detailed scheme for format quality, the more exceptions appear that don't like those particular specifics. Those exceptions gang up on me and bog me down. (and of course bogging is bad for me…)

I don't recall seeing anyone else's 5 star scheme. If you find it I'd be curious to see it too.

unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
This was the thread I recall:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166278
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
Iskariot
Zealot
Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iskariot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950 Daily Edition, Kobo Aura HD
@ Kiwidude,

My mistake.
I was talking about the technical quality of e-books.
So it is not about the personal appreciation of a book.

@Unboggling
I did not at all mean to criticize you for your system. I found your article very useful.
But it is just that I remember that very detailed system I read about somewhere else.
I just have to know what it was exactly .
Iskariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
@kiwidude, I recall that one. I'd assumed Iskariot was talking about format quality.

In the other realm of rating content quality, I also prefer vague. Most of my books are 3, average. Some are 4 good, probably reread someday. A few are 5 excellent, probably reread more than once. 2 poor, I usually just trash it, except for a few placeholders in series. 1, bad, ditto.

edit:
@Iskariot, missed your preceding post. I didn't hear it as criticism. I was glad to hear you read "How I Manage…" (and gladder you found it useful)

Last edited by unboggling; 09-14-2012 at 03:45 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
quality, rating