Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 06-25-2004, 04:20 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Treo 610 (Next Generation Treo) Leaked Picture

A picture has been posted on TreoCentral which is apparently depicting the next generation Treo. It looks like someone with a cameraphone (you know those little toys that are going to be completely banned in the US soon...) when no one was looking. The Treo 610 (or "Next Generation Treo") will have a higher-resolution (320x320) than the current Treo, a faster CPU (312 MHz), and built-in Bluetooth. If you are more interested, check the TreoCentral article above for detailed specs.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:49 AM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
... and PalmOne freaks out

Not sure if PalmOne has already contacted MobileRead, but it begun demanding to take down any information about the new Treo 610/"Ace" model. What exactly is PalmOne's problem??????
Advert
Old 06-28-2004, 02:29 PM   #3
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
They are probably afraid of giving the competition (read: Microsoft and Dell) too much advance notice on what PalmOne is going to do with new hardware models. That would in turn reduce their (MS and Dell) turnaround time to Market with their own new models to compete more effectively against Palm.

On the other hand, from a consumer point of view, I'm already slathering and drooling all over the specs for this new Treo! And I'm currently running with a T3, so you know I'm not drooling over just ANY ol' device they (PalmOne) throws out.