Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-22-2004, 08:28 AM   #1
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
MusicPlasma: a visual music search

musicplasma has a lot of interesting potential. You enter a musician or band into the search and you get a visual result showing similar bands arranged by how alike they are and showing visual links based on style and relative popularity. Not sure how music is judged to be similar, or how popularity is calculated. I've already found a handful of bands that I need to check out. And the application is real eye-candy and very configurable. Recommended!
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:07 AM   #2
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I LOVE musicplasma. Haven't used it in about a month, but it's a really great way of finding new music.

The only thing is that the gui cuts off on the left-hand side of my browser. This occurs in both IE and Mozilla.

Regardless, it's a fantastic upgrade from predecessors like Music Buddha or similars where you had/have to answer a bunch of questions to find related music.
sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert