Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
richrock
Sony Reader Fanatic
richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Angry Noticed massive price hike BonB

Hi,

Not sure if this is a rant or just trying to figure out current pricing....

Bought 5 ebooks a last saturday:

Mechwarrior Books 1-3 (£2.61 each)
Pandora's Star/Judas Unchained (£4.34 each)

Also bookmarked several others, notably:

Deus Ex by James Swallow (was £5.something, now £9.67)
Andy Remic books, various (bought previously at £2.61 each again, now £4.51)
Final Days by Gary Gibson (a bargain I thought at £4.99, now £9.99)

All the Mechwarrior books (and I noticed an incomplete set) are £4.51 each now...

Many others to note have gone up, almost double in price... Anybody else noticed this, and how can their be any justification in an almost 90% increase in price?

Feel like an email of complaint coming , but was curious if this was the state of the market at present.

Shame, I was looking forward to using some of my rewards on two more of the Mechwarrior novels, but could only afford one now
richrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #2
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
They had a lengthy sale of 30-40% off the list price of a lot of books. I noticed yesterday that everything on my wish list had gone back to list price again, too - I just assumed the sale is over now and they need a breather before offering any discounts off list price again.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2012, 06:21 AM   #3
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I noticed it too. I wouldn't have been surprised if the discounts ceased on titles from the Agency 6 but it is a bit odd that all the discounts disappear. But I have a vague memory that something similar happened in January, so it might be a webpage glitch.

Actually, I think I will ask them on twitter why all the discounts are gone.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
richrock
Sony Reader Fanatic
richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.richrock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Surely if there was a sale it would have said on the items themselves?
richrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #5
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Most of my wish list is back to discounted prices again, so whether it was a glitch or not, things look to be back to normal now.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
They have had a global sale for non agency books going on for a while now (40% off newish books and 60% off backlist books). Still 40ish% off on the Uk site, as it follows the US for deals by a day or 2 it looks like it's time for a quick splurge

Edit
Sorry, it looks like you are using the UK site - deals seem to be back on now (May have been a temporary glitch as they changed the deal to a slightly different one).

Last edited by MikeB1972; 07-02-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Added more info
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books on board, ebook price, price increase