Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Free - Scam (Stanley Hastings Mystery, #12) Parnell Hall (Mystery) [Amazon] (US)

Quote:
Stanley Hastings has a client - a real-life, money-paying client. That's the good news. The bad news is that this client might be the most frustrating thing to come along in years. "I'm being set up", is all that six-foot-six Cranston Pritchert says to Stanley when he first darkens Stanley's doorway. Why is the investment firm partner being set up? How? By whom? Cranston can't seem to answer even the simplest of questions. Instead, he sends Stanley off to an East Side singles bar to track down an unforgettably endowed blonde. Stanley finds his woman, and even finds the theatrical agent behind her. But when he tries to unravel the alleged setup, all clues point to Pritchert himself...and murder. Suddenly, the players in this mystery are falling like dominoes, and a dyspeptic policeman decides that Stanley Hastings is the one to blame. Facing three counts of murder and having your face emblazoned across the television screen is not Stanley's idea of a good time. Going to prison - and maybe the chair - is even worse.
http://www.amazon.com/Scam-Stanley-H.../dp/B00457XIXA
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Thanks for the heads up - also available on UK.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Thanks for the heads up - also available on UK.
YW - Great!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
While looking at this one (Scam), I also noticed that five Parnell Hall books are also available for $0.99 or $0.95, depending on store. I found the same five at Amazon, BN, and Kobo. They are not this price at either Fictionwise or Books on Board. I'm not sure if these are "sale" prices, but are still good deals - I've been meaning to try this author, and now I think I will.

The five include:

Detective (Stanley Hastings Mystery, #1)
Murder (Stanley Hastings Mystery, #2)
Juror (Stanley Hastings Mystery, #6)

The Baxter Trust (Steve Winslow Mystery, #1)
The Anonymous Client (Steve Winslow Mystery, #2)

I'm not going to post each one separately, but here are search links, in increasing price order:

BN: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/parn...ll&store=ebook

Kobo: http://www.kobobooks.com/search/sear...easc&g=both&l=

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...all&sort=price

Hopefully these are affiliate-link free, since in each case I started by typing the store URL by hand, and then searched from there.

There are also a whole bunch more at $2.99, some of which are mentioned in NightBird's old-ish thread here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=parnell+hall

The same price-sorted search links above give these too.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:05 AM   #5
NightBird
Wizard

I think at least some of the $.99 ones have been there quite awhile, so hopefully that is the going to the regular price.
Advert