Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 12-27-2007, 01:25 PM   #1
cozworth
gadget crazy
cozworth began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505/900
To all Nokia 770 users...your experience please...

I purchased a Nokia 770 (don't have it yet) to use as an ebook reader - I might do a few other things with it but of less importance. I have read a lot of things on the net but find that not all sites give me the same data.

What is the maximum size memory card the device will accept? I have read 1 gig - I have read 4 gigs....

I need to buy memory for it and I don't want to buy the 4 gig if it won't work because I don't have anything else that takes the rs-mmc cards.

Anything else you want to tell me about the device base on your personal experience would be very welcome.

Thanks, Dawn
Old 12-27-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I have a 2 gig and I'm pretty sure it's the max. I'm sure you've found Internet TabletTalk, http://www.internettablettalk.com/. It's so comprehensive I found it almost overwhelming.
TechUsers I always find useful: http://www.techusers.org/category/nokia-n770/.
I like my 770 although I only use it to read ebooks...my first experience w/Linux and I am hesitant to try much w/it for fear of screwing it up, i.e., the infamous "White Screen of Death".
Advert
Old 12-27-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
cozworth
gadget crazy
cozworth began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505/900
White screen of what?

Hi there Charlie Bird, tell me about this white screen of death you are refering to. Is it like the 24 hour flu or more in line of ebola virus? Furthermore, how to I avoid it?

Once youv'e got it can you recover?

Thanks.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:09 PM   #4
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
Don't know much about as I haven't had to deal with it (known as the WSOD), but ran into several people talking about it last summer.
Ellen (techusers, the link in my last post) talks about it in her Aug. 8th entry.