Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
VineGal
Enthusiast
VineGal began at the beginning.

Device: Still looking. (Trying Nook Tab and NookST, Don't meet needs)
? Voice Recording on Kindle Fire

Hi!

I'm hoping to get some guidance.

Since the Kindle Fire does not have a microphone, any tips /tricks or suggestions on accessories, apps, etc so that I can voice record?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Vinegal
VineGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
You need to:
1. attach some sort of microphone (e.g. a headset for iPhone will work). There are also several mic-only plugs you can get from Amazon (again 'compatible' with iPhone) for about $2.
2. side-load an audio recording application, as nothing in Kindle Store is 'compatible' with Fire. I have used one called Tape-A-Talk (free on Google Play) a little bit, but make no claims that it is 'the best one to use'.

(note this belongs on Kindle Fire forum...)
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
You need to:
1. attach some sort of microphone (e.g. a headset for iPhone will work). There are also several mic-only plugs you can get from Amazon (again 'compatible' with iPhone) for about $2.
2. side-load an audio recording application, as nothing in Kindle Store is 'compatible' with Fire. I have used one called Tape-A-Talk (free on Google Play) a little bit, but make no claims that it is 'the best one to use'.
Evernote has the ability to record voice. You could try that first.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hopefully you can try few apps, and find one you like that works.
As I understand it, though an external mic will indeed work for some apps, the issue is the Fire reports to apps that it has no mic capability, so many will not work.
I'm hoping for a hack for this. It would nice to add IP calling (like Skype) to the Fire's bag of tricks.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
grvthang
Connoisseur
grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Fire, Droid Incredible2, Kindle Touch
I use on of those little 'button' mics that plug into the headphones jack. Google Voice Search will work. I was very excited when I first found that a mic will work on the Fire several months ago, but I found that I haven't had as much use for it as I thought I would.

People over at xda Developes are on the verge of getting Skype to work on the Fire.
grvthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by grvthang View Post

People over at xda Developers are on the verge of getting Skype to work on the Fire.
Thanks, I was wondering about that. but I wonder why Skype isn't doing this, with Amazon's cooperation and encouragement. Seems it would be another selling point for Fire, and Amazon could sell a lot of compatible headsets as well.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
VineGal
Enthusiast
VineGal began at the beginning.

Device: Still looking. (Trying Nook Tab and NookST, Don't meet needs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
I use on of those little 'button' mics that plug into the headphones jack. Google Voice Search will work. I was very excited when I first found that a mic will work on the Fire several months ago, but I found that I haven't had as much use for it as I thought I would.

People over at xda Developes are on the verge of getting Skype to work on the Fire.

Thanks to everyone for the advice

Now a couple of more questions based on responses

1. In regards to Apps for voice recording are there any that can convert voice to text?

2. Links to or where to buy mic mentioned such as the $2 mic or the button mic?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I am supposed to keep a daily journal regarding symptoms etc for a chronic illness
Due to pain and tremors handwriting is difficult for me.

Vinegal
VineGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #8
Liza59
Liza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beautyLiza59 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: ereader
Scroll down the page for control fire by voice.
http://kindlefireboss.blogspot.com/

This is the mic I got and it works.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/962...ls_o00_s00_i00
Liza59 is offline   Reply With Quote