Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Minor bug with 5.1 on Kindle Touch?

A couple of times now, I've been reading a book on my Touch, turned the page as normal, and gone to a blank page showing "Location 1 of 1". I've had to go back to the Home screen and re-open the book to continue reading. The two times it's occurred have been in different books, so I don't think it's the book that's at fault.

Anyone else had this issue?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
I've had this issue as well several times since upgrading to 5.1. It seems to happen when reading books that I've modified in Sigil (format changes to suit my preferences) so I thought perhaps I messed up somewhere.

Does this also happen to "untouched" ebooks?
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't use Sigil, so it's not that. One of them was a completely unchanged book from Baen; the other an Amazon book the only change to which was the usual "Tools" DRM-removal.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I've sent an e-mail to Kindle CS. I'll let you know what they reply. No big deal, but hopefully it'll get fixed in the next firmware update.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Thanks, I'll be interested in Amazon's response. But knowing their CS, they'll probably offer you a new Kindle
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A couple of times now, I've been reading a book on my Touch, turned the page as normal, and gone to a blank page showing "Location 1 of 1". I've had to go back to the Home screen and re-open the book to continue reading. The two times it's occurred have been in different books, so I don't think it's the book that's at fault.

I have not seen this (yet).
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

That's interesting; had a reply from Kindle CS saying that they are aware of the issue, they've passed it to Tech Support, and they'll get back to me with an update within 48h.

I'll keep you posted with updates!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

Had it happen a couple of times on both books purchased from Amazon and books purchased elsewhere.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #9
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I haven't had it happen......yet
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #10
ingarc
ingarc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm a new Kindle Touch user with 5.1 and I 've had this issue once
ingarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #11
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
It's happened to my reading with KT v5.1 for 3 times (with different books).
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #12
chirpy
chirpy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
<phew> Glad it isn't just me. I've had it happen about 4 times in 3 ebooks.
chirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

More and more interesting. Kindle CS have just contacted me again and asked for my permission for them to pull the full log files from my Kindle in order to assist them with the diagnosis of this bug. I agreed, and apparently they then send a command to my Kindle which made it transmit its log files back to Amazon.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #14
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Hasn't happened to me so far...
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #15
Miellyn
Miellyn began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
any news?

This has happened to my kindle touch as well, and I was wondering if there was any news from amazon CS?

Miellyn
Miellyn is offline   Reply With Quote