Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 06-08-2004, 12:49 PM   #1
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
New Astraware Game: SAIS

Here is info from PDARCADE for an upcoming Astraware game. I have had the pleasure of playing this game myself and I have to say that it is pretty cool. The main feature that I like is that the game does not last long only around 5 minutes to 30 minutes depending on settings. The sounds and music are pretty cool too. You'll enjoy this one once it comes out.

Astraware's upcoming game, Strange Adventures In Infinite Space is due for release any day now.

"Strange Adventures fetures:
- 21 different ship types
- Over 60 different weapons, drives, shields, gadgets and artefacts
- 18 alien lifeforms
- 17 different planets and star types
- 7 unique alien races
- Average Playing time of 5-20 minutes per game
- Infinite replayability, thanks to randomly generated star maps and scenarios
- Dynamic sound effects and all new original music score
- Available for Palm OS® 4.0 and above high resolution colour devices and -Windows Mobile™ for Pocket PC"
Old 06-08-2004, 01:33 PM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks man! It looks like a strategy game, right? Can you recommend any other good strategy games for PalmOS?
Advert
Old 06-08-2004, 02:11 PM   #3
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

The only other one I can think of is sim city. There is a version of it for every palm.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:36 PM   #4
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
doctorow: if by "strategy game" you mean RPG, you should check out Dragonbane (I or II). They's my fave.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:40 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Another of my all-time favorite strategy games is Space Trader, inspired by the 80's classic Elite. Available for free here:
http://go.to/spacetrader
Advert
Old 06-09-2004, 09:02 AM   #6
Zire
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Another of my all-time favorite strategy games is Space Trader, inspired by the 80's classic Elite. Available for free here:
http://go.to/spacetrader
Alex,

Funny that you mentioned space trader. SAIS is alot like space trader but rather then it being mostly text there are graphics too. Also space trader was a bit long for my liking. Playing SAIS is fun. When it comes out you can find out too.