Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
FictionGuy
FictionGuy began at the beginning.

Device: Reader 3.3
Library Issues

Hi all, I am getting this message "unable to locate file. This item has been moved, renamed or deleted" when I Dblclick on the title of book on my laptop. Curious though, my reader has these books and they are fine. I just cant open them on my laptop? Your thoughts? regards
FictionGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
What kind of ebook? What ebook reading software do you have installed? Some (e.g. Kindle) won't allow you to open a book that was downloaded for the actual Kindle.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
FictionGuy

Thanks for quick response Susan. I have the Sony Pocket edition. Funny thing is I can see my current purchases on the Laptop but not the prior ones?? and as noted all are fine on my Ebook. I would like to restore them if indeed they are lost?
Also, I have no other ebooks installed. Regards
Old 04-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionGuy View Post
Thanks for quick response Susan. I have the Sony Pocket edition. Funny thing is I can see my current purchases on the Laptop but not the prior ones?? and as noted all are fine on my Ebook. I would like to restore them if indeed they are lost?
Also, I have no other ebooks installed. Regards
Please give us a detailed description of what you are doing and what software you are using so we can try to help.

One thing I can suggest is that if you are using Reader for PC, change it for Reader Libary. You don't need Reader for PC and Reader Library just works so much better with your reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
FictionGuy

I am sorry. I am newbee at participating in 'forums'. I am viewing my list of books purchased on my PC. When I DC on the book I get the message noted above. However when I DC on books purchased in 2012 the book appears and available to read. So did something change perhaps on updates? That being said all books are available to read on my Reader so no change there. Just unable to read books on PC. Regards
Advert
Old 04-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
FictionGuy

Thankyou Wolf person. I have checked settings and updates are set ok. I cannot find what you refer to above...reader library or reader pc...where is this setting located and will proceed to try your suggestion. Thanks
Old 04-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
MissHailey
MissHailey began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wish I could help, but I'm a newbie, Hope you figure it out!
MissHailey is offline   Reply With Quote