Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Sync issues

Wonder if someone else has experienced this issue...

Finished a book a month ago, short one. Deleted it from my Kindle Fire. Then I downloaded again and start to read. I have another copy on my iPad, even my Kindle Keyboard.

But now every time I try to resume and sync with other Amazon device, it keeps saying I'm on the farthest page, which was the last page of the book when I finished a month ago. In other words, I can't sync or resume from where I left.

I tried removing all copies, does not work. For some reason the system saved last page I read at that time, as my farthest page read today, regardless of the device.

Any ideas?
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Go to your account & turn the Sync OFF
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
This is normal. It doesn't resync to an earlier location. You need to contact Amazon to reset the book it you are using the Sync feature.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #4
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
This is normal. It doesn't resync to an earlier location. You need to contact Amazon to reset the book it you are using the Sync feature.
Makes sense, thanks!

@Katie,
Thanks, but If I do that, then I won't be able to sync at all. Is not that I don't want to sync. Is that I'm reading the book again and none of the devices is keeping the actual last page read.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:18 AM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So turn it OFF then put the books Back to the Benning then Turn it back ON geeee
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
So turn it OFF then put the books Back to the Benning then Turn it back ON geeee
How that's gonna fix the issue? If I turn it off, won't sync across devices. If on, will keep saying last page is the farthest.

The solution is calling Amazon I guess which will try to do today. But would be better if we can do that via device instead.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Turn it Off then reset the book on Each device Turn back on. Then they will all be at the start & will keep sync! I have dont thie several times between my K3---PC & Coby
Also when you Finish book you take it back to Cover befor you read another they will sync & be ready to reread.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Wonder if someone else has experienced this issue...

Finished a book a month ago, short one. Deleted it from my Kindle Fire. Then I downloaded again and start to read. I have another copy on my iPad, even my Kindle Keyboard.

But now every time I try to resume and sync with other Amazon device, it keeps saying I'm on the farthest page, which was the last page of the book when I finished a month ago. In other words, I can't sync or resume from where I left.

I tried removing all copies, does not work. For some reason the system saved last page I read at that time, as my farthest page read today, regardless of the device.

Any ideas?
Here is a post from a while ago with a fix from Kennyc.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157853

Quote:
Jack, someone responded to my query on Amazon with more-or-less the same suggestion which I just tried and it worked. The one thing I had to do though was "Force Stop" the Kindle app on my DroidX (which was the farthest one along - in the Appendix) and then move it to where I wanted to be and was then able to sync my other devices properly.

Here's the steps:

1. On the Manage Your Kindle page- Turn OFF synchronization
2. Wait about 30 seconda, then with the device synched to the appendix page- go to the page you really want it to be.
3. Sync to the furthest page on that device. If it tells you that you're on the furthest location, you're good to go.
4. If not, select Cancel on the sync message and try steps 2 & 3 again. I would say 90% of the time it works the first time. When it doesn't, it has always worked the second time. Maybe some sort of delay in Amazon changing the synchronization command?
5. On the Manage Your Kindle page- Turn synchronization back ON and all your devices should be synched to the page you want.

It is here on the Kindle Forum: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-fo...x2LIPUL90MO66R
Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #9
brad98408
brad98408 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
MOBI books not syncing across various devices

Several people in other forums have been able to get their mobi ebooks downloaded from other sites to sync across various devices by converting them in Calibre. I have not been able to do so. When I check the file after conversion with mobi2mobi the ASIN is a 36 characters (should be 10 I think) and there is no 501 CDEContent at all. I would like to get this to work as after a windows update mobi2mobi stopped on my Windows 7 desktop. Still works on my XP laptop. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.
brad98408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #10
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad98408 View Post
Several people in other forums have been able to get their mobi ebooks downloaded from other sites to sync across various devices by converting them in Calibre. I have not been able to do so. When I check the file after conversion with mobi2mobi the ASIN is a 36 characters (should be 10 I think) and there is no 501 CDEContent at all. I would like to get this to work as after a windows update mobi2mobi stopped on my Windows 7 desktop. Still works on my XP laptop. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.
Hi Brad,

While related, looks is a different issue. I would suggest open a different and new thread so it can gets the attention it deserves.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad98408 View Post
What jocampo said. Also list what devices you are trying to sync with your kindle.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #12
brad98408
brad98408 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
OK Thanks. I have opened a thread in the Calibre Forum.
brad98408 is offline   Reply With Quote