Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
chc59
chc59 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 900 Reader
Sony Reader/Library PRS-900 vs PRS-T1?

Bought a PRS900 a few years ago. Installed the software. Been using OK. Last week bought a T1. Plugged in but T1 apparently not recognized by the original, upgraded software. Begs a couple questions.

Different software for the T1? I see that there is Reader software in the Settings folder of the T1. Compatible with 900?

Can I/How can I transfer books/music/notes from old to new reader?

Is wifi only way to load T1 i.e. no more pc?

Just getting started with the T1. Wifi enabled OK. Managed to get it recognized at the Sony Store and added to my account. Downloaded a freebie ok.

chc
chc59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
PaulPosition
Enthusiast
PaulPosition began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
This is the version of Sony Reader software you want to use with your PRS T1
http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/

When you plug the device, I suggest you have it awake (ie not off or standby) and after a few seconds it will show a 'button' on the touchscreen that puts it into 'connected' mode.. 'press' it and the reader software will recognize the connection.
PaulPosition is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
The T1 is not compatible with Reader Library. You want to install the new software called Reader for PC/Mac. The new software will work with both your T1 & 900. When you install the new software, it will recognize that you have the old software installed and ask if you want to import all of your files into the new software. It won't change the location of your books. They will stay in the folder "Reader Library" or wherever else you have stored them. New books that are downloaded in Reader for PC/Mac will go to a new folder "Reader".

Be forewarned though that many of us don't like the new software as much as the old software. It has a few bugs since it is basically a brand new software. It doesn't hurt to try it though. You can have both the old and new software installed on your computer at the same time.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
chc59
chc59 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 900 Reader
Thank you both. Downloaded Reader for PC and it did indeed import the library. Have not yet tried to sync. After reading a number of posts tonight commenting on bugs, I'm a little uneasy about messing up one or both readers. I may just read out the 900 and move on to the T1.

Thanks again.

chc
chc59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:20 AM   #5
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Interesting. When I installed Reader For PC, it triggered an alert from Zemana Antilogger because RFPC wanted access to my web cam on my laptop.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert