Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
Berni
Enthusiast
Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: mio
?More than 1 installation of Calibre

Firstly let me say that I have been using Calibre for a while and have a database of just over 7000 books in one genre. I now want to start another genre of books that will be loaded to a new Kobo Touch but I do not want to disturb the original copy of Calibre. My question is can I install another copy of Calibre on my computer and keep it separate from the first one? I apologise if this has been answered before but I do not regularly read the forum and have not updated my first copy of Calibre for a long time because I worry about losing the books already entered. My thanks to anyone who can answer my question. Berni
Berni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Firstly let me say that I have been using Calibre for a while and have a database of just over 7000 books in one genre. I now want to start another genre of books that will be loaded to a new Kobo Touch but I do not want to disturb the original copy of Calibre. My question is can I install another copy of Calibre on my computer and keep it separate from the first one? I apologise if this has been answered before but I do not regularly read the forum and have not updated my first copy of Calibre for a long time because I worry about losing the books already entered.
You can create a new library and swap between them. On the toolbar, press the library button (looks like the Calibre icon and probably has the number of books in your library under it). Then select "Switch/create library...". On the dialog, enter or select a location for the new library, choose the create option and press the OK button. Then you can add books to this. To swap between the libraries, press this library button and it will list the available libraries.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
Berni
Enthusiast
Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Berni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: mio
Thank you for your reply

sorry to not have replied before but internet in my area has been out due to severe thunderstorms. I was unaware of the tab you mention but now see that I can create another library. thank you for your kind assistance. cheers Berni
Berni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
The other thing is to just use the same library but separate the genres by using tags or a custom column
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote