Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 07:00 AM   #1
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Just Fiction

Hey,

Has anyone worked with

http://www.justfiction-edition.com/content

?

Any information on them? They any good? They trustable? etc?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You may wish to talk to the member in post #6, located on our site here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=justfiction

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I saw that post, that is why I started new thread to separate the topic instead of hijack
Old 12-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I saw that post, that is why I started new thread to separate the topic instead of hijack

That makes sense!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
There's a thread about them on the Absolute Write forums, in their "Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check" forum, here. From what I see in that thread, I'd pass.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
VydorScope
Wizard

I emailed them some questions, and got this reply..

Quote:
Thank you for your email and interest in our publishing company. I will gladly answer your questions.

JustFiction! Edition publishes novels of all genres – doesn't matter whether it is a love story, vampire tale or historical novel, thriller or science fiction. Moreover, all of our services are free of charge for our authors.

We are an associate member of the American Booksellers' Association (www.bookweb.org) and the Booksellers' Association (www.booksellers.org.uk) of the UK and Ireland. JustFiction! Edition books are distributed by global wholesalers worldwide https://www.justfiction-edition.com/...istributors/37 <https://www.justfiction-edition.com/site/distributors/37>.

Regarding marketing issues, I would like to clarify that JFE enters your title in a number of catalogs (Amazon is the most widely known). We are also partners with the leading book wholesalers and retailers in the book industry in North America and in the UK. We have marketing contracts with LIGHTNING SOURCE, INGRAM, and many other global wholesalers. This way we reach 10,000 retail accounts in the U.S. (including chains, independents, specialty stories, and libraries). All print-on-demand titles are automatically added to account data feeds through Ingram. For example, when your title is entered into the JFE library it will automatically appear in the bookstore and library databases which use the Ingram feed database to update their information. While accounts are organizing that information to suit their customers' habits (i.e. identify an International Section), they become aware of the availability of the title through the Ingram database.

We deliver our titles to accounts through Lightning's extensive distribution network. A title available at Lightning is accessible to retailers and libraries - large or small. We also have marketing and distribution partnerships with Baker & Taylor, Matthews Medical, NACSCORP, and Bertrams. We will be happy to provide free review copies for anyone who would like to report about your title as well. When we receive requests for review copies from press, we always send free copies to them.

Finally, what concerns royalties, we are in a unique position to grant our authors royalty fee of 10% of the revenue of the publisher (less value added tax) and a free copy. The payment is made every 12 months and will be transferred to the author's bank account. At the moment we are also working on having PayPal system as a means of money transfer.

You will find more information on JFE in the attachment.

Should you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Evelyn Davis
Acquisition Editor
Just Fiction! Edition is a trademark of:
LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG
Heinrich-Böcking-Str. 6-8, 66121, Saarbrücken, Germany
So it really does not sound like they are anything but a POD company with strings attached. Lulu offers all the same, but no strings, so guess I will stick with what I have for now.