Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
scubaman
scubaman began at the beginning.

Device: nook color dual boot gingerbread
User Defined device plugin - path

Hi,
I was trying to use the "User Defined device plugin" but got stuck on the path. My reader (nook color dual boot cyanogenmod7) shows up as a drive h: (CM7 SDCARD). My books (loaded with calibre, connected to folder) are stored in \digital editions. How do I format the path in 'main memory folder'? I've tried any combination of 'CM7 SDCARD', 'h:' and 'digital editions' with /s and \\s and never could see the books on the device. What is the correct format to enter this path?
--
Regards
Rich

Well it's like going to the dentist... as soon as I ask I figure it out! I just entered 'digital editions' and lo and behold it works!

Last edited by scubaman; 12-22-2011 at 10:16 AM.
scubaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
scubaman
scubaman began at the beginning.

Device: nook color dual boot gingerbread
Actually I have a related question. The User Defined device plugin only defines a few parameters.

Do these completely define the device interface? IOW - is every device interface plugin just a set of these parameters? The nook app for android is diffrent from the native nook app on the nook color, so I need to define the directory. I can do it via 'connect to folder' as well as via the User Defined device plugin.

Secondly, where does calibre look for cover photos? After I load a book, and check the device view, I do see the metadata, but not the cover. Does calibre load the cover separately, or is it embedded in the .epub? I believe the latter, and the reader app then pulls it ou and stores it some place where *IT* likes it. Can I tell calibre where that is so the device view shows the covers?
--
Regards,
Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap1.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	80269  
scubaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert