Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
onkl
onkl began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
Hub/Charger compatible over V1 and V2?

Hi all,

I currently own an Illiad V1, with very limited capacities (old firmware, too old to upgrade in IDS).
I'm considering an offer for an Iliad V2, which comes without charger. Does anyone know if I can use my current V1 charger/hub on a Iliad V2 (Both for charging as for ethernet/USB)?

Thanks.
onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:19 AM   #2
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Perhaps you can download a firmware image and upgrade iLiad firmware offline.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 04:14 AM   #3
janzen
janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iLiad
You can use the V1 charger on a V2 Iliad, both for charging as for ethernet/USB.
There is however hardly, if any difference in capacities between the two versions.
janzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:28 AM   #4
onkl
onkl began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
Thanks a lot, both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janzen View Post
You can use the V1 charger on a V2 Iliad, both for charging as for ethernet/USB.
There is however hardly, if any difference in capacities between the two versions.
I know the versions are almost identical, I'm not considering the V2 because it is a V2, but because it is on offer cheap, due to the lack of a working adapter.

My current Iliad is on firmware 2.7 (Basically: No power management possible, only pdf is supported, not supported by iDS etc.)
I'm not very capable in messing around with firmware (well, to be frank: I'm quite capable in messing around, but in general I'm not that happy with the result...), so I'm considering to buy this one as the lazy option to obtain the later added SW-functions.
onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
The charger should work, there's no difference between the v1 and v2 as far as the charger.

iDS seems to be down though, so make sure that the v2 has a current firmware on it. Chances of being able to update it are slim.

There's a zip file available that contains the 2.10 firmware. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you could get that and flash your v1 with it (just not sure if there is anything about the 2.7 firmware that would prevent it). The latest firmware is 2.12 though, which isn't easily available now that iDS seems to be gone. The v2 should have at least 2.11 on it, probably 2.12. I'd check with the seller though.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert