Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 02:32 AM   #1
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
Signed up for Audible, got the Fire for 99.00..

So I needed to exchange my Fire, but decided to get a refund and do the Audible deal since I planned to sign up with them anyway. Kindle Fire is definitely worth 99 dollars..
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergi View Post
So I needed to exchange my Fire, but decided to get a refund and do the Audible deal since I planned to sign up with them anyway. Kindle Fire is definitely worth 99 dollars..
Congrats! Why did you need to exchange it?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #3
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Congrats! Why did you need to exchange it?
Thanks.

I had issues with the touch screen not responding to my fingers. At first it was here and there but it grew progressively worse. Other then that, I loved it, at 99 bucks, I love it even more!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Fabulous deal!!!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #5
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
$14.95 x 12 months isn't something I'd go for to join.

Thanks for sharing though.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Perhaps she planned on getting an Audible membership before she knew of the special offer.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #7
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
$14.95 x 12 months isn't something I'd go for to join.

Thanks for sharing though.
Neither would I. Ends up costing a total of 279.00 for a 100.00 savings. But if you are someone who listens to books more than read them I guess it's a good deal.

Last edited by nimblem; 12-01-2011 at 12:30 PM.
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #8
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
Neither would I. Ends up costing a total of 279.00 for a 100.00 savings. But if you are someone who listens to books more than read them I guess it's a good deal.
Or you could look at it as getting a year of Audible (12 audio books) for $50-$60. Gold plan is $150/year or $15/mo but the first three months are just $8 which means the total price is about $160. That works out to just $4 per book. Not a bad deal at all, if you like audio books.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
Or you could look at it as getting a year of Audible (12 audio books) for $50-$60. Gold plan is $150/year or $15/mo but the first three months are just $8 which means the total price is about $160. That works out to just $4 per book. Not a bad deal at all, if you like audio books.
Haha, yeah you can! It's all in perspective. I tend to break things down into hours worked... So if I make 45.00 an hour it would take me about 6 hours 30mins to pay for the kindle with audible. I think I annoy my husband when I break things down like this though.
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #10
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
It's also good to note that there's a whole huge number of devices that you can get a $100 discount on, not just the Kindle Fire.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #11
Synergi
Addict

Hehe yes I was getting audible anyway. My original kindle Fire was free through mypoints.. Most of the books I want run 22 to 30 dollars.. I can live with 15 a month, pay 100 cash and keep my gift cards hehe...
Old 12-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
Do you have to be a new Audible.com customer? I downloaded a free audible book a few days ago and am thinking of signing up.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote