Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 04:59 AM   #1
jokapo
jokapo began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Can Calibre convert covers to a premade size

I couldnt find this else where so lets start a thread.

Does calibre have the option to resize a front cover to a fixed size e.g 6 inches or 7 inches etc etc.

When my ereader goes to sleeping mode i can only see a little part of the front cover and i would like to see everything.
jokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokapo View Post
I couldnt find this else where so lets start a thread.

Does calibre have the option to resize a front cover to a fixed size e.g 6 inches or 7 inches etc etc.

When my ereader goes to sleeping mode i can only see a little part of the front cover and i would like to see everything.
Fixed size may be your problem. Your sceen does not match the size specified. Percents allows scaling ('auto' fails on some devices)

width: 100%
or
height: 100%

I like to maintain Aspect ratio, even if it does not quite fill all the screen.
(I hate it when both are used. Just like I hate Stretch-o-vision mode on widescreen TV's )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
jokapo

what would the aspect ratio be in pixels when i want to convert to the 6 inches of my sony
Old 10-28-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Sony, like almost all 6" devices, has a screen which is 800 pixels high, and 600 pixels wide.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:17 AM   #5
jokapo

thanks gonna give it a try :-)
Advert
Old 10-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
There is a plugin for covers for Sony readers called resize covers strangely enough.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
There is a plugin for covers for Sony readers called resize covers strangely enough.
Unless I'm mistaken, the Resize covers plugin isn't device specific, it is used to resize covers stored in the calibre library.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:39 AM   #8
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Unless I'm mistaken, the Resize covers plugin isn't device specific, it is used to resize covers stored in the calibre library.
Probably you are right. I once installed it and never actually tried it. My covers are ok so far

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #9
jokapo

i downsized the cover to 400x600 but still when my prs-t1 is in sleeping modus i am seeing the cover way larger then 400x600. even if i downsize it to eg 300x500 the cover stays bigger then the screen. does anyone know how i can change this through calibre or my e-reader