Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
mclien
42, the answer
mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Pocketbook 603
read-only reader with dictonary

After owning the pocketbook 603 for some weeks, I have refined my needs to an ebook reader:
must have:
-eInk Display
-minimal weight
-6" (perhaps even 5") will do
-dictonary (prefereable, one that is as good as dict.leo.org), mustn't be for free
-recogniced as mass storage to linux and calibre
-note tacking (for lecturing my doughters books)

if touchscreen (makes the dict really comfortable): no wacom (because that only works with the special stylus)

unneccessary (because never needed):
-wifi
-bluetooth
-3G
-sound
-speakers

ideally supported by either coolreader or openinkpod

who has suggestions?

Last edited by mclien; 10-26-2011 at 02:04 PM.
mclien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you considered a Kindle? It certainly meets all your requirements and has an excellent dictionary.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
mclien
42, the answer
mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Pocketbook 603
IIRC it doesn't support ePub .
(which I forgot to mention in my wish list)
I think, I have to digg a bit more into ebook formats. maybe I don't need ePub, but some format, which I can generate from OASIS Formats for solf generated litrature...
Mostly I dislike the very closed stile of Amazon/Kindle. I'd prefer a more open concept 8something towards openinkpod/coolreader)
mclien is offline   Reply With Quote