Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
Need help from the smart ones :D

Hey
I've rooted an old nook color, but it's been awhile and the technology has sense gotten much better. So, if you could, I need some advice.

My highest wants, would be to be able to use the childrens books read to me, play angry birds.
Secondary would be a better pdf app and ability to watch netflix.
I rarely ever shop online, I sideload whatever I want to read.
Oh, and I'm on a Macbook, and have a micro SD card.
That's basically it! Any ideas what would be best/easiest to do?

Oh, and I've read and researched for about 3 hours on this, I've seen CM7, Auto Nooter, Clockwork something, and a bunch of others. I currently have 1.2 on my nook, it hasn't updated. I've tried to read VeryGreens instructions on that x site, but I don't know how to (or what is) dd so it stopped there.
I've watched a couple youtubes and went so far as to download some stuff, but then realized I don't know if its the most updated so I stopped...
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
jenniren
Nook Newb
jenniren began at the beginning.

Device: Alienware MX11, Droid 2, Nook Color
If all you want is to play angry birds and other games and get netflix, you could just download the newest update 1.3. Instructions are here:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook...ate/379002520/

There is are apps in the market to watch netflix:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/netflix?store=ebook
jenniren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 05:59 PM   #3
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniren View Post
If all you want is to play angry birds and other games and get netflix, you could just download the newest update 1.3. Instructions are here:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook...ate/379002520/

There is are apps in the market to watch netflix:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/netflix?store=ebook
free?
Old 08-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #4
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books

Ohh kay, if anyone is reading this, I successfully did something to my nook, the CM7 thing. Now how do I get books on there?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2Be View Post
Ohh kay, if anyone is reading this, I successfully did something to my nook, the CM7 thing. Now how do I get books on there?
lol, congrats. Did you get a SD card set up, or install CM7 internally? Did you get gapps installed, and can you access the market?

If you have market access, get Aldiko Reader. It's great for epubs and so-so for pdfs. You can also install the Nook and Kindle apps to download any books on those accounts, and for access to those stores.

Have you used Android at all before, aside from the NC stock OS?
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books

I basically followed that video, with a couple add ons, I had to re something and reformat partitions? Anyway, I did it with a SD but the sd is out of it now so I think thats internal. I can get to the market, and I did do google apps. Can I sideload anymore?
Edit, oops,s i haven't used android. And a lot of the things say like, Call or phone stuff, I'm assuming thats just something I have to deal with?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #7
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books

Oh, and when I plug it into my laptop, it's not reading as anything. Is that normal? How can I get my books from my laptop to the Nook?
Old 09-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #8
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Basically, now you have to learn to use Android

To get the phone icon off your dockbar, longpress it until a little context menu pops up, then either drag it up to the trash can or choose "Remove." The same applies to moving around any other app icons. Your other apps are in the app drawer, the little window-pane icon. You can longpress an app in the app drawer and start moving it to place a shortcut on any of your homescreens.

An Android device will not automatically pop up when you plug it into your computer--you need to hit the notifications icon (broken circle w/ green arrow), hit the "USB connection" notification, and there's a "Turn on USB storage" button on that screen.

The basic gestures for Android are tap, longpress, swipe (right, left, up, down), pinch, and reverse-pince (unpinch?). Exploring each of these on your homescreens will help you figure out a lot of basics.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:02 AM   #9
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books

You are so freaking awesome. Thanks!!!