Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 03-08-2004, 03:50 AM   #1
melvynadam
Connoisseur
melvynadam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone, iPad
Frquent crashes with iSilo on T3

This is a message for all Tungsten T3 users with iSilo on their palms. I am a big user of the iSiloX clipper and am constantly putting 10-20k files onto my palm for quick reading at appropriate times. These files are usually just for reading then deleting but that's where I run into trouble: trying to delete a file from the 'menu, details, delete' method in iSilo nearly always leads me to a fatal exception . My questions are:
1. Why should this happen?
2. Is anyone else experiencing it?
3. Is it a documented bug?
Old 03-08-2004, 10:24 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hm I never experienced a crash when I delete files from within iSilo. What version of iSilo are you using?
Advert
Old 03-18-2004, 05:39 AM   #3
melvynadam
Connoisseur

I was using 4.01 and am now using 4.05b1b with the same bug. You are using a T3 and manage to delete files from within the files themselves? I'm not talking about the main document list I'm talking about having a specific file open and using the 'details' option in the edit menu. Or in 4.05b1b the 'delete' option.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:11 AM   #4
archituz
Connoisseur
archituz doesn't litterarchituz doesn't litter

iSilo is one of my T3's most-use apps. I loaded it day 1 and it has never caused a crash-- not even a soft reset!
Even with the current beta version-- never a crash.
Marty
Old 03-21-2004, 08:43 AM   #5
melvynadam
Connoisseur

It is also my most-used app (if I turn my Palm on between 9-5 on a work day there's a good chance it's for Bonsai but the rest of the time it's nearly always iSilo) but I've always considered it beta software as it crashes on my many times a day leading to the need to turn my Palm over and stick a pen in the little reset hole.

Out of interest archituz, what else are you running on your palm? Do you use full screen in iSilo? How about autoscroll? Have you mapped custom functions to the T3's hardware buttons? Are you using documents on ROM and a card together? Are you using categories? I'm just trying to narrow down the area that's causing me such problems. Also, are you able to delete an isilo document the way I described above?
Advert