Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-30-2011, 03:39 AM   #1
Tblossom
Enthusiast
Tblossom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Dx
Kindle Dx--Scrambled "Collection Index"

Since I received my Kindle I have been able to make several collections of various reads on my kindle. These collections were all listed at the beginning of my kindle when I pushed the home button. This used to be the case.
Now suddenly these collections are scattered throughout the complete listing of all my kindle contents.
Is there any way to reset my kindle so that all collections are once again listed one after the other?
Tblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:48 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Change the sort preference from "Title" to "Collections".

What many people prefer to do is to prefix all collection names with a character such as "_" (underscore) which sorts alphabetically before the letters A-Z. That way, if you sort by title, you'll see all your collections, in alphabetical order, at the start of the list.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2011, 03:54 AM   #3
Tblossom
Enthusiast

Thanks. That sounds very effective but how do I get my Dx to arrange everything alphabetically?
Old 07-30-2011, 03:56 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Change the sort order on the home page. It's at the top of the page. At the moment it probably says "Title" or "Author". You want to change it to "Collection".
Old 07-30-2011, 04:07 AM   #5
Tblossom
Enthusiast

I feel like such a dunce;I can´t find a "sort" option or even a word citation. What am I doing wrong?
Advert
Old 07-30-2011, 04:13 AM   #6
Tblossom
Enthusiast

I feel like such an idiot; I´m sorry but I don´t have the word sorton my screen when I press home, menu or the 5 way. Please tell me what I am missing.

Last edited by Tblossom; 07-30-2011 at 04:16 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

From page 36 of the Kindle 2 User Guide:

Quote:
CHANGING HOW THE HOME SCREEN IS SORTED
By default, your content is sorted by most recent first, meaning all of the new items
and the content you are currently reading are at the top. To change this option, follow
these steps:
1. If you are not already on the Home screen, press the Home button.
2. Move the 5-way up until the Show and Sort Options are underlined.
3. Move the 5-way to the right to see the Sort options.
4. Move the 5-way to underline how you want the items sorted.
5. Press the 5-way to select it. The sort order on the Home screen
changes immediately.
This seems reasonably straightforward. Forgive me for saying so, but the User Guide is the best place to go to to resolve this type of issue.