Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
DagsJT
DagsJT began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Force Overwrite Of Tags

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to force an overwrite of tags? I'm trying to tidy up my library and some books have tons of tags whereas I've got it set now to just use a handful of tags to describe the genre basically.

As it is, I think Calibre just adds to the tags when I do Ctrl+D but it doesn't overwrite them. Is it possible to just overwrite and how could I do that?

Cheers!
DagsJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagsJT View Post
As it is, I think Calibre just adds to the tags when I do Ctrl+D but it doesn't overwrite them. Is it possible to just overwrite and how could I do that?
For about 1 month this was the unintended default, but was recently corrected. Currently there is no setting that allows you to choose to overwrite tags. However you can bulk remove tags easy enough by selecting multiple files and selecting remove all in the edit metadata window.

I too would like this to be a selectable option but can live with the current setup.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 10:29 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
There is a little list item beside tags in edit metada whic lets you view and add/remove tags almost reasonably. If you could edit existing tags as elsewhere, that would be nice too.

After whittling my tags down from 16,073 (none of them mine) to 6008, I am starting to wonder if I even want tags. Still, I shall probably carry on just because I started.
I beleive that you could easily downgrade to one of the first 8.xxx versions, update your tags and then switch back.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote