Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-02-2011, 06:09 AM   #1
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Addicted to SF and Fantasy

Hi all,

Maria Schneider pointed me towards this place. I'm a science fiction and fantasy author -- grew up reading the stuff and couldn't break the habit as an adult, so I turned it into a job to make it 'respectable'

I've published in magazine's like Asimov's Science Fiction and won a couple of awards. Working on a novel now. I'm hoping these forums will help me connect with more SF and Fantasy readers and give me a better feel for what kinds of books people want.

Fairies, Time Travel and Artificial Intelligence
See more books by Nancy Fulda

Last edited by Nancy Fulda; 07-02-2011 at 06:10 AM. Reason: typo
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

May I offer you a warm welcome to Mobileread Forums.

Have a browse around, you may have already discovered the Main Forum is laid out in a logical manner.

Everyone’s friendly, if you need any help, do ask around. Members with Green names are the hard-working Moderators…(they don’t bite, just keep the rest of us safe.)

If you want a non-technical chat or three, pop into the Lounge .

Please join in and enjoy your stay .....

You'll get the option for a signature after about 10 posts and a week on board ....

Have you seen the Author Self-Promotion Forum ... and also the Writers' Corner ... Just two of the many gems we have on board ...

and Deutsches Forum
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Nancy. No shortage of SF pals here at MR. Luck with the books and happy Kindling. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Nancy and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Welcome to Mobileread.

"what kinds of books people want."

Well, books we enjoy reading, of course!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #6
Lizzie in Ma
Connoisseur
Lizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to allLizzie in Ma is a name known to all

Device: Nook, Kindle 3, Vizio 8" tablet runn and Samsung Galaxy running Aldiko
Welcome! This place has become one of my "every morning" hang outs, though I don't post much. SF and Fantasy are my favorite genres!
Lizzie in Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #7
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody! I already feel right at home

>>Well, books we enjoy reading, of course!

Ah, if only it were so easy.... I've noticed there's a bit of a disconnect between writers and readers. I was astonished by reader responses to my SF collection, for example. "Blue Ink" was far and away the readers' favorite... and for years I've been thinking it was rather weak. In fact, I almost didn't put it in the anthology at all. Strange world we live in.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

By the way... silly question, but how do I set notifications so that I get an email whenever someone new posts in a particular thread?
Old 07-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #9
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
By the way... silly question, but how do I set notifications so that I get an email whenever someone new posts in a particular thread?
There's a check box in the Additional Options section in the Advanced Reply option .... Also you can subscribe through Thread Tools, see top blue bar in forum ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #10
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

Ah, I found it. Many thanks!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody! I already feel right at home

>>Well, books we enjoy reading, of course!

Ah, if only it were so easy.....
I never said it was easy.

I did like your "Pastry Run" and "In the Halls of the Sky-Palace" in Jim Baen's Universe

I thought your name sounded familiar!

Don't forget to post in the shameless self-promotions thread, although I'm afraid I won't be buying any ebooks for at least the next two weeks.

But I'm allowed freebies, so thanks very much for The Man Who Murdered Himself
Old 07-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #12
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.

You're very welcome.

Oh! If you like freebies, you should also check out That Undiscovered Country at Baen.com.

(They've only got it available in html, but imo that's okay for a short story. Anything longer and I start itching for my kindle...)
Old 07-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #13
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #14
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Late, but indeed Nancy, welcome to MR! I look forward to reading some of your work.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
Late, but indeed Nancy, welcome to MR! I look forward to reading some of your work.
Her short stories (which are all I've read so far) are excellent. When I'm buying ebooks again, her stuff will be near the top of my list, although I do prefer collections to individual short stories for convenience in handling (it's easier to do things with one file than a dozen).