Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
scottsemegran
scottsemegran began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Converting comic strip compilation book

Hi-

I have a compilation book of comic strips. I'd like to convert the book to an ePub for Nook and a mobi for Kindle. What is the best way to import the book so I can convert it, preserving the quality of the images so they are readable? The only text in the book is the copyright matter and the "About Author" info. The rest of the book is 140 comic strips.

The problem I've been having is that when the images are converted, they are not readable. In some cases, I imagine zooming-in would be required to read and see the details of the images.

Any advice would be great!

Scott
scottsemegran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsemegran View Post
Hi-

I have a compilation book of comic strips. I'd like to convert the book to an ePub for Nook and a mobi for Kindle. What is the best way to import the book so I can convert it, preserving the quality of the images so they are readable?
You can "import" any way you want. AFAIK, it won't affect the images. It's conversion and output that affects them.

Quote:
The problem I've been having is that when the images are converted, they are not readable. In some cases, I imagine zooming-in would be required to read and see the details of the images.

Any advice would be great!
Your selected output device controls resolution of image conversion. If you select a device with a specific resolution, Calibre converts images to that resolution when making recipe-based ebooks. I believe it also does that during conversion from existing formats (Perhaps others can confirm this).

Personally, I keep my device set to Generic Tablet. Kovid or others might be able to tell us if that affects the images and/or if that's best for maximizing resolution, but I've had no problems. I can zoom in when needed and AFAICT, resolution of the original image is untouched. I have tried conversion to PDF and to EPUB. Both work well. I use readers that allow me to zoom, if necessary.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert