Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
Page Numbers or Book Progress?

Is there a way to view what page you are on, in the 360+? I can't figure this out.
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #2
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
keep in mind that its relative to the font size and spacing, but isn't it listed in the status bar like on the 602 ?
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #3
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, I don't see it and I don't see an option to turn it on. And, generally, Epub pages aren't relative to font size and spacing. Epub pages use some sort of formula, related to total number of words, I believe.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
No, I don't see it and I don't see an option to turn it on. And, generally, Epub pages aren't relative to font size and spacing. Epub pages use some sort of formula, related to total number of words, I believe.
That depends on the reader app, not the epub.

The formula you refer to is specific to generic adobe sdk-based apps and does not apply to fbreader, fbreader180, or coolreader3, all of which display page numbers in the status bar and display the status bar by default. Those numbers reflect actual screen pages and depend on your chosen font, size, line spacing, margin, hyphenation, and kerning settings.

Adobeviewer's status bar shows both screen pages and adobe-calculated "page numbers" and cannot be turned off.

If you do not see page numbers on that status bar, either you are using fbreader or coolreader and turned the status bar off, or you are not viewing an epub at all.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
Japes
Addict

Yeah, they are definately epubs. How do I turn the status bar back on then, because, I also believe that I'm using FBReader? I couldn't find in the settings where I could view a status bar. Please let me know. Any sort of progress indicator would help me.

Thanks in advance.
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #6
Japes
Addict

Honestly not all that impressed with this reader. It simply leaves too much to be desired when compared with my Sony readers. Shouldn't be this difficult to view book progress.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:03 AM   #7
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Yeah, they are definately epubs. How do I turn the status bar back on then, because, I also believe that I'm using FBReader? I couldn't find in the settings where I could view a status bar. Please let me know. Any sort of progress indicator would help me.

Thanks in advance.
HI Japes,
why don't you show us a screenshot of your open book, just to see what is there? I do nto have teh plus model, but the standrad pb360 and the 903, but I think the software of the + is based on that of the Pro models. Anyhow, in either device the status bar is always on.

To be sure that you are viewing the book in FBreader, you should go into the library (or whatever is that shows you all the books you have on your device) and long-press the "ok" button. A pop up menu will open, with the first line showing "open with" - if you move right with the "joystick" you will see what reader software are available, i presume both Adobereader and FBreader for an epub. You could try and open the same book with both and see whether there are any differences. If all fails, if I were you I would pm Justy, who is an experienced 360 user recently passed to the 360+, I am sure she would be able to help you.

One reading software that I think most 360 users would recommend is FBreader180: besides having loads more apsects that are fully customizable, the big plus is the ability to turn the page just by turning your wrist - all info is in this thread. The thread is very long, ad worth reading, but the short of it if you are impatient is just to download the zip file linked by Kacir in this post, adn copy the "app" file in the "system\bin" folder in the main memory of your device. If you do this, you will override the standard fbreader. If instead you want to have the option to use both, you should rename the "app" file to FBreader180 or whichever name you prefer. In this case, you have also to tell your device that this new reading app is available, so to do so you should copy the "extensions.cfg" in the "system\config" folder in the main memory of your device.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote