Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Back in the game - with an almost new EE !

As a random act of kindness a virtual stranger replaced my EE with one that was no longer being used. I have never been so grateful in my life. My school books and work depended on my EE for over a year. Every time I have something I no longer "need" it will find a new home instead of a place in my closet.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
sjarrel
Edge User

Congratulations Cheyenne. Good news!

Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
lorenzoens
Edge User

Great news!
And thanks to the strangers

Old 05-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
Michealj
Edge User

Wow! Truly wonderful.

Micheal

Old 05-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
ivan
Edge User

Good news indeed!

Now you can take your old one apart and show us the inside

Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
obsessed2
Edge User

Congratulations. We can all learn a valuable lesson from your last sentence. Pay it forward.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #7
Glow
Edge User

Excellent! Congratulations, Cheyennedonna.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #8
Filark
Edge User

I'm so happy! For you, of course, but for us forum readers, too! It just didn't seem right that you would be without an EE -- guess your benevolent stranger thought that, too!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #9
paula-t
Edge User

Oh, woman, you made it!
There is a wonderful sentence: "When you light up a lantern to help someone walk in the dark, you also illuminate your own steps".

If the law of cause and effect is true, then for every person you have generously helped here at the forum, a fraction of energy has moved in your direction to
help you find the right person in the right moment with the right Edge for you. I know, I know... This is called good fortune, but most of the times, fortune is self-created!!

I am sure the person who was so generous with you will also receive lots of benefits in one way or the other.

Everybody is so concerned about the lack of resources, on which everything is blamed...
But, well... compassion is an unlimited, renewable, sustainable resource, and the more you lend, the more you have.
Your example is most encouraging!

Enjoy, and good luck with your new Edge!

Old 05-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #10
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Yes, the more you give the you are rewarded with. I think a good way to look at is, As Much As You Need, No More. We have become very conspicuous consumers. I give what I can, (which is mostly just knowledge at this point) and hope it's helpful.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #11
alex_edge
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
As a random act of kindness a virtual stranger replaced my EE with one that was no longer being used. I have never been so grateful in my life. My school books and work depended on my EE for over a year. Every time I have something I no longer "need" it will find a new home instead of a place in my closet.
Wow, that's awesome!

Old 05-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #12
NiaTrue
Edge User

Woohoo! Glad you're back in the game.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:36 PM   #13
sarah11918
Edge User

Awesome news! If anyone deserves an EE, it's you.