Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 10-20-2010, 12:25 AM   #1
Thirdful
Edge User

SSL Certs, Citrix failing and need a solution or fix

My work is tempted to try the IPad or equivalent in 2011. Work requires 3g or USB aircard(still working on testing it), Citrix access, Wifi, ereader & note taking ability. I saw the edge has the android system, ereader, even USB for keyboard/aircard possiblity which I am more friendly to as one of the IT staff. I had a edge shipped thinking I could get Citrix up and running with little to no issue on the device. Installed the Citrix Reciever which is working correctly and had no issues at a different work site. Only to find our Network Solutions SSL Certs for our Citrix is not able to be trusted by the android OS. This is a common problem with the Android phones as well. Replacing our Cert is tempting but not a real option at the moment. There is a fix out by Citrix for the phones to add it to the keystore, requires root access and I am comfortable with linux. I am unsure what it would do to this device if I tried a solution setup for the phones models.

I am used to linux just allowing me to copy the .cer files directly to the ICAClient folder. This cannot be done for the edge from exploring the file structure. Is anyone comfortable with this kind of issue/solution?

If a solution is not found I have no doubt my work will lean towards the Ipads because they and the iphone have no issues with network solutions SSL certs and built in 3G with AT&T and soon Verizon. This is not desired outcome I am looking for.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Tech Support would be more than happy to help you (http://www.entourageedge.com/support...cleid=34&nav=0) regarding Citrix and the certificates. If you search the "Development" forum, some of the more recent posts include techniques for easily (and temporarily?) rooting the eDGe, allowing you to install the cert you need (the ES File Explorer is the best for browsing all directories), if Tech Support isn't able to offer an alternate method.

Note that enTourage is expected to release 3G versions in November.

Last edited by borisb; 10-20-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Advert
Old 10-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
Thirdful
Edge User

Update and sent some of the info to the tech support email:

I currently use a fully patched entourage edge. I did go into settings/edge settings/default device preferences/system debug settings/ and what seems to be enabling debugging with the default password. I am unable to get root access using su in the adb shell, I can pull data, but it wont let me push anything back saying I dont have root access. It seems the debug password may have changed from what is documented in the forums when I try to remote into the egde. I need a way to gain root access or a superuser file explorer(preferred method). Another solution is to some how modify the /system/etc/security/ to be rw instead of ro. I'd rather not brick the device trying other methods so waiting on support now but seriously I should not have had to spend over 6 hours trying to troubleshoot this. Why is there no superuser program or easy command line on this tablet to allow a quick copy of a modified system file or to change a folder's security setting?

Last edited by Thirdful; 10-23-2010 at 02:36 PM.