Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
NickSpalding
Addict
NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The Cornerstone by Nick Spalding - A new novel from best selling Amazon UK author

This is my new novel, everyone. It's a fantasy with a healthy streak of humour called The Cornerstone. I hope you'll take a look and pick up a copy

A great book will transport you to another world… literally, if you’re not careful.

On a gloomy Thursday afternoon, Max Bloom enters his local library in a last ditch attempt to stave off an epic case of teenage boredom.

Among the hushed stacks he discovers The Cornerstone - an ancient book tucked away on a dusty, forgotten shelf. Opening the cover, Max is torn from the library into an alternate dimension full of things intent on killing him – thus avoiding boredom with remarkable success.

He meets a beautiful girl called Merelie (brilliant), who tells him he’s the only one that can save both their worlds from the Dwellers - hideous mind sucking creatures from beyond the universe (not so brilliant).

Merelie thinks Max could be a Wordsmith, a sorcerer able to craft magic from the written word itself – one powerful enough to stop the Dwellers and their treacherous human allies.

This all sounds completely unbelievable, of course. The kind of thing you’d read in a fantasy novel… but The Cornerstone doesn’t lie - and the danger is very real.

In a world threatened by monsters, where books are worshipped and magic exists, Max Bloom must make a choice: close The Cornerstone and run home - or trust Merelie, become a Wordsmith, and save two worlds from certain destruction…

Available now at: Amazon UK Amazon US Smashwords

Last edited by NickSpalding; 11-07-2011 at 05:04 PM.
NickSpalding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
G'luck and very best wishes, Nick. You're on a roll (and no ham roll at that). Here's a heft tot and karma to ya. Hoots. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:21 AM   #3
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Bought all your ebooks from Smashwords. It's cheaper than Amazon since they force me to pay an extra $2,30 per book. Even thoug I don't own a 3G version of the Kindle.

I think I saw you on a TV-show "the other day" featuring the "Life ... With No Breaks" and wanted to buy it since.

(Be patient for a review though, I have a growing TBR-list )
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:44 AM   #4
NickSpalding
Addict
NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"I think I saw you on a TV-show "the other day" featuring the "Life ... With No Breaks" and wanted to buy it since."

I wish! Wasn't me unfortunately But thanks for buying the books on Smashwords... best day I've had on there in months!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:05 AM   #5
NickSpalding
Addict

Cornerstone hits top 100 in contemporary fantasy at Amazon UK
Old 06-02-2011, 08:02 AM   #6
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow - that was quick
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
NickSpalding
Addict

Yeah... get a few sales already and that's put it into a couple of the fantasy rankings now. It's the main paid in Kindle store that's the important one though!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #8
NickSpalding
Addict

A total of five 5 star reviews are now up at Amazon UK for The Cornerstone. Not bad going for a book that's only been out a couple of weeks

Why not click on the link and download a sample?
Old 06-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #9
NickSpalding
Addict

When one of the best selling authors in the UK says the following about your book:

"It's a rip-roaring rollercoaster of a fantasy."

...along with giving it a five star review, you kinda have post a comment about it, don't you?

Huge thanks to Stephen Leather, author of the extremely successful Spider Shepherd series! His entire review is over at The Cornerstone's Amazon page.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:30 AM   #10
NickSpalding
Addict

An eighth review for the book now up at Amazon UK

"I thoroughly enjoyed this book... it was a fun, fast-paced and slightly mad adventure. I loved the character of Max, a smart-mouthed teenager who is far more intelligent and gifted than anyone gives him credit for, including himself, and my other favourite character was Imelda and how she and Max interacted. Merelie, Charlie, the Cornerstone itself and even Charlie's dog Nugget are all fun and interesting. This book appears to be a self-contained novel but leaves enough tantalising loose-ends to enable the author to write another, I for one hope that he does."
Old 07-02-2011, 06:22 AM   #11
NickSpalding
Addict

Righty ho, couple of extracts from recent reviews by way of a bump:

"OMG, excellent book. A mix of The Neverending Story and Harry Potter-esque magic."

"It's a very light hearted adventure ... I found it quite un-put-downable. This is a nice easy enjoyable read. 5 stars for this one Nick."
Old 07-12-2011, 12:54 PM   #12
NickSpalding
Addict

The Cornerstone is now reduced at Amazon to 49p / 71c
Old 07-13-2011, 12:52 AM   #13
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
They sound good, so I bought them all!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:58 PM   #14
NickSpalding
Addict

Thanks Nookkatz Enjoy!
Old 07-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #15
NickSpalding
Addict

Latest 5 star review over at Amazon UK:

Like other reviewers, I have also read other books by Nick, and just had to get this when I saw it; and am so glad I did.

He has got the central charater Max as the atypical bored teenager with attitude down to a tee. The action is fast paced and I found it hard to put down. I am a great fan of Terry Pratchets City Watch novels, having been introduced to them by my son, and I think this is just as good as any of them. I really enjoyed this book, so much so I have in turn introduced my son to Nicks books.

If you are a fan of fantasy or are just looking for a light-hearted, funny, easy read then buy this book now and let your imagination do the rest.

Nick has tantalisingly left the door open for a sequel which I sincerly hope he writes sooner rather than later. It is right at the top of my wish list. Highly recommended.