Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-09-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Regex Problem

Hi,

how can i change

Code:
<div>
  sentence1<br />
  sentence2<br />
  sentence3<br />
  sentence4<br />
</div>
into

Code:
<p>sentence1</p>
<p>sentence2</p>
<p>sentence3</p>
<p>sentence4</p>
The Problem is there several amounts of sentences, sometimes 2, sometimes 3, sometimes more. Is there a way to do that with a regex? There are more then 500 div-sections, so doing that manually is a pain. A workaround might be doing it with 2, then 3, then 4 and so speratly.

thx in advance
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Search for
Quote:
<br />
Replace with
Quote:
</p><p>
Search for
Quote:
<div>
Replace with
Quote:
<p>
Search for
Quote:
</div>
Replace with
Quote:
</p>
You'll get a blank <p></p>, but they'll be easier to deal with, you could even do a s&r for them.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by huebi View Post
Hi,

how can i change

Code:
<div>
  sentence1<br />
  sentence2<br />
  sentence3<br />
  sentence4<br />
</div>
into

Code:
<p>sentence1</p>
<p>sentence2</p>
<p>sentence3</p>
<p>sentence4</p>
The Problem is there several amounts of sentences, sometimes 2, sometimes 3, sometimes more. Is there a way to do that with a regex? There are more then 500 div-sections, so doing that manually is a pain. A workaround might be doing it with 2, then 3, then 4 and so speratly.

thx in advance
I would do the Div first
<div>(.+)<br />\s+</div>

<p>\1</p>

now

replace the:

<br />

with
</p> <p>

Tidy will clean the code view after switching to BV
choosing the best order, leaves the least touch-up

Last edited by theducks; 05-09-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: revised
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:32 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
i can confirm that will work - I've patched up books which were all <div> & no <p> using the above approach.

i didn't bother to find/replace the trailing </div> tags as tidy took care of that for me.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote