Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-26-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
andyafro
Connoisseur
andyafro doesn't litterandyafro doesn't litter

Device: sony reader prs-500
science magazines

The science rss feeds in connect are terrible, does anyone know where i can get some good ones, up to date, regular.

i buy the new scientist every friday, i was wondering do they have an rss feed or anebook version of there magazine and can it be downloaded onto the reader.

i have downloaded pdf from places of there magazine but they won't even display on book designer, i think its because it's a scan of the magazine.

or any other sites that offer papers from magazines like new scientist or scientific american?
andyafro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:55 PM   #2
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Some sites offer RSS feeds reformatted for the Sony Reader... Engadget, for one.

There are RSS readers, like RSSOwl, that will take any RSS feed and convert it into PDF for you. RSSOwl states that its software can be set to the Sony Reader's PDF screen size. That way, you don't have to limit your feeds to what Connect or someone else supplies.

If you already have an RSS reader, and can print to PDF, check your settings: You can create a Sony Reader paper size (133x170mm), save it in your print settings, and print your feeds to that.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 08-26-2007 at 06:02 PM. Reason: One more thing...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2007, 02:47 AM   #3
Colt
Comrade Rising
Colt began at the beginning.

Location: Empire of Alaska, Occupied Florida, Territory Command
Device: Currently Pulp
What do RSS feeds on the Sony Reader actually look like? How do they work? I have yet to see a picture of any of that sort of thing but it's something I'm interested in.
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote