Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 05:05 AM   #1
jdomingos76
Enthusiast
jdomingos76 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 and 3 Int
Calibre and Palm TX

I just pick up again my old Palm TX, and I was wondering if I can read the news (recipes) on it. I currently use a Kindle 3 and Calibre, and my idea is also to use the Palm when convenient. Specifically my question is, is this possible? Which software do I need? And how do I transfer the files to the Palm?
Thanks
jdomingos76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Look at http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...pported-in-app first.

You're device will most likely supports PalmDoc PDB files which calibre can produce. You can use the connect to folder option to get books onto the device for the time being.

Do note that PalmDoc PDB files do not support any styling or navigation. So you will basically be reading one long text file. It might not be very handy for reading news.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert