Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
I am now officially a KINDLE owner!!

So, I went to Target tonight intending to buy a couple shirts, and somehow ended up in the aisle with the Kindles, and came home with a Graphite Kindle 3 w/ wifi+3G (Did I say that right?) I can't believe it. My justification is that I've been buying way more Kindle books (for my iPod touch) lately than Sony books, so I may as well just buy a Kindle.. This really isn't the right time to be buying one, but when IS it the right time to buy a Kindle. I mean, I may as well start enjoying it now, right? You never know what will happen tomorrow. LOL. I love the wifi on my iPod, but I hate being somewhere that does not have wifi access, so hopefully the 3g will come in handy for those times. Can't wait to get everything set up. Not sure what I will do about a Cover. I might just try to find a little case I have at home to use. I have a Mighty Bright light with two heads that I will use for now.

I guess this would also be the time to apologize for all my anti-kindle/kindlebashing comments in the past to anyone who may have seen/heard them. WHEW! NEVER thought I would own a Kindle, but I really think this will be a good thing. I just gotta get over the $204.59 I just whipped through.

Off to go "meet more people with kindles" around the internet!
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
YAY! Your eyes will thank you for the larger screen!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #3
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
yay post pics!
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #4
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
Congratulations Kelly... prepare to flood your K3 with a lot more books
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:03 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Once you use it for a fews week you'll forget how much you paid for it. I paid $225 for my first reader and after paying $189 for a Kindle last Christmas I could not believe how much I wasted on my first cheap e-reader. I love my Kindle and would have paid more to own one now that I see what an amazing reader it is.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2011, 12:14 AM   #6
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

yeah it's funny...I really should've just gone with a Kindle in the first place. Oh well.

I do have one question....SO FAR...do I have to be somewhere where there is wi-fi access in order for my 3G to work, or can I be somewhere where there's no wifi and be able to use my 3g?

Thanks!!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:15 AM   #7
kelly1010
Book Addict!

And one thing I already noticed- the nice, SLIM feel of the Kindle compared to the clunkyness of the Sony.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:16 AM   #8
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kelly, the 3G will work basically where ever you can get mobile/cell reception, no wifi at all needed.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:09 AM   #9
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
Congrats on your new Kindle!

yeah, you can use 3g anywhere you can get cell service.
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:28 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1010 View Post
NEVER thought I would own a Kindle, but I really think this will be a good thing. I just gotta get over the $204.59 I just whipped through.
I hope you enjoy using your new Kindle. The 3G is certainly handy if you're stuck somewhere without any other internet access.

But I suspect it's as a reading device that you'll really love it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I wonder if she got any sleep or if she read all night?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #12
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Enjoy your Kindle. It is a great little device.

My K1 cost $369 when I received it for a birthday gift. So the $189 you paid is nothing.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #13
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

Wonder if she's got K3 keypad imprints on her face
Old 02-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #14
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Welcome on board I love reading stories like this. Enjoy your new Kindle!
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #15
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Congrats on your very smart decision. You will never be sorry.

My eyes love reading on my K3, it's the best thing that ever happened to books.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote