Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
Sannepan
Sannepan began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini, Sony prs-t1, kobo aura
is there one that can handle calibre metadata?

Hi,
I'm a very happy user of a BeBook mini. The only thing I miss is the discriptions/comments and metadata of my books. I spend a lot of time organising my database in Calibre, but when I'm on the road with my BeBook I have to choose a book to read just by title and author. I would like to be able to read the comments etc. as well.

Is there a reader capable of this?

TNX for your help!
Sannepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
mrsquash
Connoisseur
mrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enough

Device: K4-NT, Sony T1
Not sure about about which readers might support it. As a work-around, I use Calibre to make a catalog of my books and then put that on the reader. Works great for me. By default it does contain the comments for each book, and is indexed by title, author, etc, with links to each book's metadata. Of course you can change that up as desired.

There's a thread here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71143
mrsquash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
In Calibre, Preferences, Common Options, Structure Detection, there's an option for "Insert metadata as page at start of book".

It does just that.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:55 AM   #4
Sannepan
Sannepan began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini, Sony prs-t1, kobo aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricorn View Post
In Calibre, Preferences, Common Options, Structure Detection, there's an option for "Insert metadata as page at start of book".

It does just that.
Great! TNX
Sannepan is offline   Reply With Quote