Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 12:39 AM   #1
Christopher888
Christopher888 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
Leather case for PB902?

Hi

I just ordered a pocketbook 902 and I would really like a leather case for it. Does anyone know of anywhere besides pocketgoods that carries them? Pocketgoods has nice cases but 59 EUR plus shipping to Canada is over $100 Canadian! Thats way too much just for a small leather case.

any help appreciated
Christof
Christopher888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:44 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I've read somewhere that these leather covers are exclusively manufactured for pocketgoods, but I am not sure.

- As a German I don't know anything about inches and so on, so I can only give you the data of KindleDX and P902, maybe it helps:
KindleDX 10.4 x 7.2 x 0.38
P902/3 192 mm x 263 mm x 11,5 mm

- You can ask MEdge if they will produce covers for the pocketbooks

- If you don't necessarily need a booklike cover but a case that will safely protect the Pocketbook you can buy one of the many neoprene cases that are offered for 10" netbooks.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
- You can ask MEdge if they will produce covers for the pocketbooks
I've done just that, thanks for the tip, and here is the answer I got:

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in our products! Unfortunately, we have not concluded our "fit' test to see which of our existing products would be compatible with the Pocketbook PB903. We cannot make recommendations until these tests have been concluded. In the future we may have a product line for the Pocketbook PB903 available, but nothing currently. We are listening when we receive requests such as yours. Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns. Thank you!
who knows, perhaps if enough of us inquire, we might get it
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In English, if it's not an iPad, nook, of Kindle, go away we don't want your business.

That's the new friendlier m-edge for you.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
- As a German I don't know anything about inches and so on, so I can only give you the data of KindleDX and P902, maybe it helps:
KindleDX 10.4 x 7.2 x 0.38
P902/3 192 mm x 263 mm x 11,5 mm
Those numbers translate to:
10.36x7.56x0.45 in inches.
This is about a quarter of an inch wider than the Kindle DX so it may be possible to use a DX cover that relies on corner elastic straps to hold the reader in place. It will be a tight fit but it should be doable as long as the reader isn't cycled in and out often.
One option might be the Oberon design covers for Kindle DX:
http://www.oberondesign.com/KindleDX.php

Or, these:
http://www.amazon.com/Moleskine%C2%A.../dp/8862935307
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
Krzych Ayanami
Enthusiast
Krzych Ayanami began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903 (soon!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher888 View Post
Hi

I just ordered a pocketbook 902 and I would really like a leather case for it. Does anyone know of anywhere besides pocketgoods that carries them? Pocketgoods has nice cases but 59 EUR plus shipping to Canada is over $100 Canadian! Thats way too much just for a small leather case.
Do you REALLY need something like that?
PB add neoprene's covers to all new models.
Maybe that enough?
Krzych Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
twoflower
Enthusiast
twoflower began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzych Ayanami View Post
Maybe that enough?
Are you sure? Is this written somewhere? I asked my local reseller (in Czech Republic) if there is some cover included with PB 902/903 and they replied that they don't have the full listing of the package contents from PocketBook, but they suspect there will be no cover as it is not mentioned on PocketBook's webpage.

It would be great if at least the neoprene cover is included in the basic package.
twoflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
Krzych Ayanami
Enthusiast
Krzych Ayanami began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903 (soon!)
On Russian/Ukrainian site PB wrote "what is inside": ereader, usb cable, user manual, protective case, warranty coupon.

Almost the same things wrote pocketgoods.de . They called that "etui".
Krzych Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
twoflower
Enthusiast
twoflower began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902
Great! Thank you.
twoflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:47 PM   #10
Christopher888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzych Ayanami View Post
Maybe that enough?
Yes I really do need a leather case. Reading is about feeling and class to me as much as it is about utilitarian reasons. A leather case is an essential part of the feeling of making it feel more like a regular book, but just a magic book that holds every book you ever wanted.

Id be willing to pay for custom too.

I am uneasy about getting a Kindle DX one, are the dimensions compatible?

Cheers
Christof
Old 11-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher888 View Post
I am uneasy about getting a Kindle DX one, are the dimensions compatible?
The official DX ones won't be compatible, they rely on a latch mechanism.
The third party ones that use elastic in the corners should work, as I pointed out above. The difference is around a quarter inch in width.

Why not talk to the Oberon Design people and give them the 902 dimensions? They'll know how much "give" their DX cases have. And those are really sweet cases...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:34 PM   #12
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi all,

I'd be very interested in the outcome of this too. I'm looking hard at a 902 for my wife.

I'd see - as would she - that a case is near-mandatory.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #13
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Almost the same things wrote pocketgoods.de . They called that "etui".
"Etui" means "case" in German.

Pocketbook has two sides, actually. The ultra-competent, cool side, when they deliver good features and a great reading experience out of the box, and when they are responsive and helpful with user's claim. We could call that Pocketbook.

It has a dark side, sadly. It is the Russian-only, delayed and uncommunicative company which doesn't bother to translate its efforts aside of the Cyrillic universe. We could call that side Roskyetvok, which is approximately how "POCKETBOOK" reads in Cyrillic alphabet).

The thing with the Czech retailer is clearly Roskyetvok in action. They've said lots of times that a neoprene case comes with the device... and they say it here, forgetting to update their website accordingly

Last edited by Logseman; 11-12-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:56 AM   #14
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
not in leather, but the case for the IQ appears to be of good quality:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...09&postcount=5
presumably all the new models will carry this type of case.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:35 AM   #15
Christopher888

Hi all,

well after getting so excited about the oberon case I sent an email to them to check if it would fit, as it seems like it would. However this was their reply

Hi Christof,
This would definitely be a tight fit. We've already got those straps quite
tight for the security of the kindle. The pocketbook is quite a bit
thicker. With only one of the straps being elastic, we are afraid that it
will just be too tight.
Thanks for your interest though.
Amy
Oberon Design
www.oberondesign.com

Can anyone confirm this at all?

Does anyone have a solution to this, like a modification or plans for a custom leather ereader case? Has someone done a howto make your own leather ereader case yet?

Thanks
Christof