Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Post Official Pocket eDGe Details & Specs

enTourage has officially released the Pocket eDGe: http://www.entourageedge.com/devices/pocketedge.html, the worst kept secret of the century
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
I really don't have a need for this device. Yes, it is nice and smaller than the original eDGe and probably easier to carry but I am going to stick with the original eDGe. The original eDGe is an excellent device. The only complaint I have about it is the weight. It is uncomfortable to hold for extended periods of time. Having that stated, the eDGe is the best device I have seen so far for academics. It is as close to a netbook/labtop as you can get in features and functionality. The ipad is nice and all but the eDGe is a much more powerful device for academic reading. I often find that the eDGe can easily substitute my laptop.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetareticuli View Post
It is uncomfortable to hold for extended periods of time
I find that some experimentation with folding the screens at various angles, and ways of resting it on something (leg, lap, table edge, etc.) usual leads me to find a setup that pretty well negates the weight.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try. Let me ask you... What is your opinion of the eDGe when compared to other e-readers and/or tablets?
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
borisb
Addict

I've never used another e-reader or slate. About 7 years ago I did buy a Fujitsu convertible tablet/laptop for the tablet interface.

The key features that appealed to me about the full-sized eDGe (as that's the only one I have at the moment) were the large eInk screen for reading and note taking, the fact it could do web browsing, email and music on the LCD side, and the book form factor. I wasn't keen on getting another convertible because of their weight, and the way the screens always rotate, plus their expense. I'm not that interested in a tablet or pure e-reader, as they're only half an eDGe.

I'm eager to get a Pocket eDGe because it's a proven technology to me, and the smaller handier size will be perfect for on the go when I don't need access to a large screen for PDFs.
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #6
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
borisb

I read a lot of books with color photos and books I want to make notes on, and the Pocket Edge has really filled in a gap for me. And the screen is very responsive, which was an area I wondered about.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #7
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

borisb, I wonder if you can help me. I updated the firmware on my PE and now my books no longer show the TOC on the lcd side when I choose info on the reader side.

(Is that clear? I'm just having my first caffeine of the day and I'm not all there yet.) =}
Old 01-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #8
borisb
Addict

Hmmm. If you tap the "i" (info) icon at the top of the Reader, nothing at all displays on the LCD side and you just see the home screen as usual?

If instead you do see some sort of display on the LCD side, try tapping the 7 buttons displayed just below the book title to toggle them on.

Otherwise, best to contact Tech Support to see if this is a bug.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:35 AM   #9
pendragginp
Guru

Thanks borisb. The title of the book shows, but that's all.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:47 AM   #10
pendragginp
Guru

Okay toggling the buttons on seems to have worked -