Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-06-2010, 11:55 PM   #1
Betty Daniels
Betty Daniels began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Softroot installs but no launcher shows up

Hi all --

I think I've read all the threads pretty thoroughly and have not seen this particular issue addressed. I hope it's not something ridiculously stupid I'm doing (though it probably is).

I've installed softroot in my Nook -- no problems at all, goes through the entire process just as explained in the wiki, except for the very last steps. The first update proceeds just fine, the second update after reboot goes along just as expected, the progress bar for the second update shows that the android apps are installing, the Nook automatically reboots -- and then when the device loads again the touchscreen looks exactly as it did before the process, with the B&N icons. I don't know what the "launcher screen" referenced in step 8 of the instructions is supposed to look like, but my screen doesn't look any different than it did before. I reboot manually anyway, as the wiki says, but again only have the B&N icons at the bottom. I do not have the option to navigate via the B&N icons or from the softroot launcher, I only have the B&N icons.

I've reinstalled several times with the same result. The settings screen indicates that the software version after installation is in fact 1.4.0, as it's supposed to be. The serial # of my Nook starts with 1002, so that should be okay. The device is functional and not locked -- Calibre sees it just fine and loads to it (thank you, Kovid Goyal!). It's just that there's no difference before and after I do the softroot install.

Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks!
Betty Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:09 AM   #2
barrist
Enthusiast
barrist began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Press and hold on one of the icons, press the + sign, and you should see the nookdevs apps. That's how you know you have softrooted
barrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
Betty Daniels
Betty Daniels began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Oh. My. Gosh. That worked perfectly.

Thank you so much!
Betty Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
charonme
Zealot
charonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to beholdcharonme is a marvel to behold

Device: K3
could you please post a link to the wiki you mentioned? thanks
charonme is offline   Reply With Quote