Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 08-19-2003, 12:42 PM   #1
mattchapin
mattchapin began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba E755 WM2k3
using Isilox for WSJ premium content - can't login!

Has anyone had any success using Isilox to synchronize your Wall Street Journal content? I'm an Online Journal subscriber, so I'd like to be able to read the day's paper offline.

- Using "Mobile Favorites" in Internet Explorer 6 works 80% of the time, but when it doesn't work, there's no explaining why. That's why I'm looking for another alternative.

- Using Isilox Clipper (v3.35) in IE6 works great too, but I have to go to the WSJ.com site and then use Isilox clipper manually each morning.

- Using Isilox on its own, however, does not work. I've copied my cookies into Isilox, but I think the problem is that I don't know what to put in the Cookie Value field.

I suspect that the clipper works because it is integrated into IE6 so it utilizes the IE6 cookies. If anyone has overcome the WSJ.com cookies, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Matt
Old 08-20-2003, 08:58 AM   #2
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I've been meaning to do this for a while, so thanks for the reminder.

There are six cookies, and I think these are the two important ones. If not, let me know and I'll give you the rest of them:

Cookie #1:

Name: REMOTE_USER
Value: **your user id**
Path: /
Domain: .wsj.com

Cookie #2:

Name: wsjperm
Value: 1117/50
Path: /
Domain: .wsj.com

Make sure you set expiration to "never" and also that the domain has the period before .wsj (eg, ".wsj.com"). If you need help with using cookies, check out Alex's excellent tutorial by searching for "cookie" in the forums.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!
Advert