Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 09:27 AM   #1
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Twitter Authentication Required?

I just went to a member's home page to wish them a happy birthday and was presented with this screen, attached below. This has never happened to me before.

Just thought I would let someone know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Twitter_Authentication.png
Views:	300
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	58861  
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:51 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This will happen, I believe, if the person has added their twitter name to their profile here, but, at Twitter, has their twitter-feed hidden from all but those who "follow" them. Something like that anyway. Something that pops up that dialog prompted by Twitter asking you to say who at Twitter you are, so they can check if you're authorized to read the Twitter posts (as displayed in the person's profile here).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
This will happen, I believe, if the person has added their twitter name to their profile here, but, at Twitter, has their twitter-feed hidden from all but those who "follow" them. Something like that anyway. Something that pops up that dialog prompted by Twitter asking you to say who at Twitter you are, so they can check if you're authorized to read the Twitter posts (as displayed in the person's profile here).

Cheers,
Marc
Okay, thanks, that makes sense. It's just that I can usually see the twitter messages if members have attached their twitter name to their profile.

A matter of privacy that I'm okay with and since it's been the only time this message has popped up it's not annoying.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I see it fairly often.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote