Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 02:50 PM   #1
LibraryCin
Connoisseur
LibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blueLibraryCin can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Clara BW
Using Overdrive with Clara

Hi, I'm a bit disappointed in how Overdrive works with Clara and am wondering if (hoping!) I'm missing something.

There doesn't appear to be any way to get to my Overdrive Wish List (which is almost always how I will check out a book). Or to my Loans (books I've already borrowed).

As far as I can tell, I can only see my Holds and can do a new search.

But I've had trouble checking out a hold. If it comes in, I get an email notice. If I check it out on my PC first, then open my Clara to download it, I can no longer find it. I was able to search for one of them by title, then check it out on my Clara (but did that check a 2nd ebook with the same title out to me? I'm not sure). I tried this another time, but it wouldn't allow me to (re)check out the book via my Clara.

With another book, I was unable for maybe half an hour or more to find my book. Initially, I didn't check it out on my PC, but it was stuck in Holds, so I could see it on my Clara, but it still told me it would be available in 2 weeks (but it was already available for me; I was sent an email notification, and I confirmed on the website first). It was lots of moving around on my Clara, rebooting it, trying to refresh it. I don't even remember where/how it eventually showed up so I was able to download it.

Eventually, with all 3 books I checked out via Overdrive, I was able to download it to my Clara, but not without a heck of a lot of frustration and annoyance first!

I will add that I am not always connected to wifi, in hopes of helping the battery last longer. Not sure if that's part of the issue with the refreshing. But I'd sure like to be able to also see my Wishlist and my Loans, and to be able to download from my Loans page.

Any tips?
Thanks,
LC
LibraryCin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clara bw, overdrive