Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old Today, 07:10 AM   #1
Siavahda
Zealot
Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2018
EPUB->AZW3 disrupts chapter headers

So when I have an EPUB with chapter header decorations - usually an image that goes above and/or below the chapter name - the header decoration always gets shunted to the right once it's in AZW3 and on my kindle.

For example

.chapter-title-decoration-below-inner {
display: inline-block;
height: 0.4833in;
width: 1.1967in;
margin: 0;
padding: 0
}

It displays properly when I check the AZW3 in the Calibre viewer, and on Kindle For PC. But once the file is on my kindle, the header is on the right, with part of the image not visible because it's been shoved a bit off the page.

It's always a problem with the display: inline-block. Sometimes removing it makes the image display properly, but often not.

My output profile is set to my kindle model - Paperwhite 3. I've tried aligning the images to center (with the display: inline-block deleted, and with it present), but that didn't do it. I'm not sure what else to try, or where the problem might be.
Siavahda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:07 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It will be a bug in the kindle renderer. Try a completely different approach to achieving the look you want.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
azw3, conversion, conversion from epub