Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-13-2020, 04:45 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Composed column icons: Is there a way to make it appear after non-composed icons?

I have a composed icon ruleset. If I move it to the top of the list, it appears in the column alongside any other icons the book matches. If I move it down the list, it disappears if there's other icons.

I'd rather not make the other icons composed ones. Is there a way to make it appear after those ones without disappearing?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 07-13-2020 at 05:31 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 05:35 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I have a composed icon. If I move it to the top of the list, it appears in the column alongside any other icons the book matches. If I move it down the list, it disappears if there's other icons.

I'd rather not make the other icons composed ones. Is there a way to make it appear after those ones without disappearing?
Not sure I fully understand your problem, but based on trial and error the following practices work for me:
  1. never attach composed and a regular icons to the same column.
  2. only attach an icon to a real column if the icon rules pertain specifically to that column,
  3. use a transparent image as the default icon - i.e. never have no icon, instead have a blank one,
  4. attach sets of composed icons to a place holder Integer column. In this case the use of transparent icons is crucial - vertical misalignment throws me off kilter

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2020, 05:56 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Like BR I am not sure I understand what your problem is. Perhaps some definitions will help.

A "composed" icon rule means that subsequent rules are evaluated even if the rule generates an icon. Rules that are not "composed" stop evaluation at the first rule that generates a a displayable icon.

These rules mean that all composed icon rules for a column *must* come before a non-composed rule, assuming you want the rules always to be evaluated. It could be that you do not want that. For example, you might want a rule set that sets the icon to "foo.png" under some condition. If that condition is false then you want to evaluate several rules to add one or more other icons. In this case the first rule would not be "composed" while the remaining rules might or might not be.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:06 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
This screenshot is what I was trying to do:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-07-13 19_04_23-calibre - Preferences - Look & feel.png
Views:	157
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	180579

I was hoping for the bookmark icon to always appear alongside any other matching rules (mainly the reading list one, because the others indicate errors or metadata that needs changing). It doesn't appear though.

I understand how composed icons work now though. I kind of got my desired results by setting both bookmark and readinglist to composed and moving them to the start. Once I figure out the template language I might be able to do something with the advanced rules.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 07-13-2020 at 06:20 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote