Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old Today, 04:00 PM   #1
rjh4242
Enthusiast
rjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheeserjh4242 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Marvin 3 on iPad/iPhone
Kobo colour calibre plug board not being used

Hi there
I have a new Kobo Libra colour, replacing my old Kobo H20. It connects to calibre fine, using the same settings and KoboTouch driver as my H20. I haven't changed any settings, other than to add the Kobo colour as a device to the KoboTouch driver. It's working fine to transfer books, metadata etc. EXCEPT that for some reason today it's not currently setting the title using the existing metadata plugboard when I send books from calibre to the Kobo Colour. The bizarre thing is that initially when I loaded some books it did use the plug board to change the book titles.

The only thing that I think I've changed today is to update Calibre and the associated plugins and drivers to their latest versions. I have double checked the plugboard for KoboTouch still exists, the metadata is being updated automatically etc. As far as I can see the settings are the same as before. Just the plugboard is not changing the book title when it's added to the Kobo, as it previously did before today.

Two questions:
1: did something change in the latest versions of calibre/kobotouch driver that might have impacted the use of the plug board?
2: what might I have done inadvertently to stop the plug board being used?

I'm sure it's probably something simple, but I just can't figure it out. So any suggestions welcome.
Thanks!

Last edited by rjh4242; Today at 04:18 PM. Reason: clarity and including more detail
rjh4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Did you make the plugboard device (model) sensitive?
You might see if the choices have changed.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert