Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM   #1
Mr Avid
Mr Avid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Oasis 3
A couple of Onyx Boox questions

I just picked up an Onyx Boox Page and it seems pretty good so far with a couple of issues I haven't figured out how to work around.

Is there a practical way to browse the library on Onyx Book devices? My library has 412 pages of books. If I want to browse around for something to read, it seems pretty impractical to navigate that. Ideally, it would be great if I could browse by series if that was possible.

Also, is it normal for USB transfers to be so slow? It took 30 minutes to transfer less than 200 books. That is orders of magnitude slower than any of my other readers.

Thanks in advance!
Mr Avid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:43 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
There's no reason you can't use your own library app in parallel with the stock library app. I use my own library app. It displays as a list of single lines. When I'm looking for a book I just have to filter by a few letters to find title or author. Your needs may be different.

Some Boox are USB 3 (Poke3), some are USB 2 (Poke5). But it any case they should all be faster. How are you syncing? I use (my own) adbsync.exe and I would expect less than a minute for 200 books.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	library2.png
Views:	7
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	210821  
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 10:30 AM   #3
Mr Avid
Mr Avid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Oasis 3
I am syncing from calibre. That is where I saw the slow performance.
Mr Avid is online now   Reply With Quote