Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-12-2022, 03:50 PM   #1
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Unknown Property 'text-decoration-thickness'

In trying to fix a problem with the thickness of the strikethrough line in "text-decoration: line-through" (via css classes, styles, <del> or <s>), I ran across posts saying to set the thickness of the line with text-decoration-thickness:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...tion-thickness

When I try in Calibre's editor (Calibre 6.3 and previous versions), it doesn't seem to do anything and when I run Calibre's Check Book, it gives me the error:

Unknown Property 'text-decoration-thickness'

for my stylesheet.css Running epubCheck has no problem with it. I assume Calibre should handle that property, so I'm reporting it here.

EDIT: Sorry. In 6.3, it looks like the text preview in the editor DOES reflect the thickness setting (it didn't in earlier version). But, Check Book is still giving the error.

Last edited by enuddleyarbl; 08-12-2022 at 03:54 PM.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 05:35 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It doesn't matter. KePub won't respect this CSS setting. So there's no point to use it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2022, 10:52 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
text-decoration-thickness is from CSS 4 its not supported in anything other than browser based viewers, and relatively up to date ones at that, like the calibre viewer.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote