Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-07-2023, 02:42 PM   #1
Busballoon
Busballoon began at the beginning.

Device: none
PageEdit resize main page?

Hello ... Newbie here.

Have a problem with the PageEdit main page, both thru SIGIL and bringing it up as a standalone on Windows 10.

Had Sigil 1.6.0 installed along with PageEdit 1.6.0, worked fine.

Downloaded and installed Stephen Outram template, went fine. Brought up PageEdit and the main window is full screen; can't resize as it had been before, nor do the commands work, ie Zoom in/out, etc.

Uninstalled both SIGIL and PageEdit 1.6.0, rebooted, installed SIGIL and PageEdit 1.9.0, rebooted, and the problem remains.

Uninstalled both again, installed PageEdit 1.3.0, same issue.

Uninstalled the new versions of SIGIL and PageEdit, reinstalled SIGIL and PageEdit 1.6.0 ... problem still remains.

Contacted Mr. Outram, immediate response, very helpul. He is not having similar issues, he even installed the latest versions to test, no issues. He recommended this forum for suggestions.

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.
Busballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:46 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I have no idea who Stephen Outram is (or what his template might be for), but neither PageEdit, nor Sigil, supports full-screen mode in Windows to my knowledge. So I'm not quite sure what you mean.

You might try deleting your pageedit.ini file in case something with PageEdit's geometry got out of whack there. If you enter %localappdata%\sigil-ebook\pageedit in your windows search box it should take you right to your PageEdit preferences folder. Do it with PageEdit closed and delete the pageedit.ini file in that folder. Then relaunch PageEdit. If you've customized your PageEdit menubars, you may need to reset those.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-07-2023 at 03:50 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2023, 03:50 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Maybe it has to do with this...
https://stephenoutram.com/index.php/...igil-p52395464
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:57 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm. Interesting. But regardless... an epub template (or any epub content) doesn't have the ability to alter the PageEdit program's window size. Something else has to be going on. A screen resolution change, or bringing PageEdit from a larger second monitor to another one. Either way, wiping out the window geometry data in the pageedit.ini should bring things back to normal.
Old 02-07-2023, 04:31 PM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
And yes, Sigil will go full screen or anywhere in between on Windows.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2023, 05:15 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
And yes, Sigil will go full screen or anywhere in between on Windows.
How do you get Sigil to go fullscreen? I've tried every combination of keyboard shortcuts I've ever seen for toggling full screen and can't get Sigil (or PageEdit) to do so. I can get browsers to go fullscreen, but Sigil or PageEdit won't do it for me.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:22 PM   #7
Busballoon
Busballoon began at the beginning.

Device: none
You are on the money! ... almost ...

Deleting the INI file solves the problem ... PageEdit opens as it should, with a mid-sized, resizable window ... perfectly ...

BUT ... when I close and reopen SIGIL the problem is back. The problem is definitely in the INI file.

I don't know code, nor how to correct the INI file, so have to delete the INI file before each start up ... but it Does work through the initial session.

Thanks ... will have to find the correct way to fix the INI.

On the right track but still need help.

Doug
Busballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:08 PM   #8
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had semi-similar issues which were caused by an audio driver I had installed… studio something… I removed it and no more problems! Deleting the driver didn’t affect my sound at all. Not sure if it is the same with you.

Last edited by Turtle91; 02-07-2023 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:10 PM   #9
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
How do you get Sigil to go fullscreen? I've tried every combination of keyboard shortcuts I've ever seen for toggling full screen and can't get Sigil (or PageEdit) to do so. I can get browsers to go fullscreen, but Sigil or PageEdit won't do it for me.
Nothing special… just hit the maximize button next to the “x” in the top right corner of the window.

I edit in full screen almost exclusively with my 2nd monitor used for everything else.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:30 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I don't quite understand. 'Maximized' and 'Full Screen' aren't the same thing in my book.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:41 PM   #11
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

OK - I may not be using the proper terminology. I maximize the window so that it takes up the whole landscape of the monitor while continuing to show the menu and icons at the top. I consider that the full screen. I almost never use the F11 button to get rid of the menu and icons on ANY software - if that is to what you refer. I just tried it and the F11 button doesn't affect my display of Sigil on Windows - it remains maximized.
Old 02-08-2023, 04:18 AM   #12
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
This caught my eye.

Quote:
In addition, he is making his private eBook Template available for purchase, with a percentage of sales going to the further development of Sigil eBook Editor. Your purchase will contribute to this software project so that Sigil may continue contributing to you and your digital products. How about it?
Are you actually receiving these donations? I hope so.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 06:23 AM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Neither Kevin or myself accept donations for our work on Sigil. So no. That might be a bit of a fib. An unnecessary one at that. The templates are his work. Charge (or don't) as he sees fit. *shrug*

There's a possibility that past contributors to Sigil's codebase can still receive donations for their work. That's fine if so.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-08-2023 at 06:41 AM.
Old 02-08-2023, 06:28 AM   #14
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Well, 0% is still “a percentage”….
Old 02-08-2023, 06:37 AM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Well, 0% is still “a percentage”….
I almost mentioned the same!