Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-24-2018, 08:32 AM   #1
Mamaijee
Connoisseur
Mamaijee doesn't litterMamaijee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Red face Saving Books

My previous pc crashed and died . Since then I have installed Calibre 3.18.0.msi on my new pc. But I am having trouble saving ebooks to my pc. Most of the books are AZW or AZW3 format. Some in Mobi. When I select "Save to disc" and choose a destination directory, very often saved books do not show there at all.

Sometimes when it does show the filename is not in the same format as it used to be with my previous Calibre. I would like the format to be Author first followed by name of book. Now it shows in the reverse order. eg
Client 5_ Dark Romance - Alexis Angel
where i would like format to be
Alexis Angel - Client 5_Dark Romance

The save template seems to be changed. Please help to reverse it back. I am not at all techie and when I go to preferences and read up on save books I cant seem to work it out.

Also can someone explain the options in the Save Books.

I realise these are a lot of questions but I just want my Calibre to be back the same way I have used it for so many years. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank u
mamaijee
Mamaijee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If the book SHOWS in the list, it is already 'saved' (just don't tamper with files found via the OS, inside the library folder. you will break the lists linkages)

SAVE to disk is to store the book elsewhere, like a (unsupported) device, SDcard (eg. that you will take with you on a trip)

Send to device, is the normal way to put books on your reader (when supported)

"Supported" just means there is a device driver available because the device can be detected and identified correctly (some off shore devices fail to set their USB ID properly) or the device is not LOCKED into a store ONLY mode.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2018, 04:06 PM   #3
Mamaijee
Connoisseur
Mamaijee doesn't litterMamaijee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Thank you.
Mamaijee is offline   Reply With Quote