Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM   #1
fdwojo
fdwojo began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Note20 Ultra, Kindle Fire HD10
Unhappy Minor bug in the TOOLS > REPORTS

As much as I like to think I know my way around how programs operate, I've just noticed what might be a problem in SIGIL 2.2.1 that I don't think its something I'm causing.

When I have an EPUB open in SIGIL and then bring up the REPORTS feature (under tools), and then select the HTML FILES line, I typically like to find out which files have the most words, so I sort by "All Words". But when I do this, It doesn't seem to sort that column numerically. For the example I'm looking at, (keeping it very short), I can see that my ALL WORDS column shows the following numbers:

g1_hints_27.html ----- 980
g1_hints_25.html ----- 796
g1_hints_22.html ----- 762
"
" --------------------------- (skipping several properly descending lines)
"
g1_tips_08.html -------- 42
g1_cover.html ----------- 1 -- (all is good up until here, and then…)
g1_hints_19.html ---- 1,579
g1_hints_c2.html ---- 1,567
g1_hints_c3.html ---- 3,236
g1_hints_28.html --- 11,789
g1_hints_15.html ---- 2,074
g1_hints_c4.html --- 13,418
TOTAL WORDS: ---- 41,593

All the other columns work perfectly whether I sort ascending or descending. But the ALL WORDS column seems to be a bit psychotic. I've tried opening several other EPUB files (some I've created, some are professionally published) and all of them have a weirdness when you try to sort by ALL WORDS. In one case, it starts with:
and continues, sometimes increasing and sometimes decreasing each line.

Anyone have any idea if I'm alone in this? Am I doing something wrong or have an improper setting I should check for? Should I be reporting this (somehow) to the devs?

And just for the record, I'm using the most recent version (2.2.1) with the PC mentioned in my SIG.
fdwojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You're not alone, I see the same, I opened the Sigil Manual to test. Weird.

The developer's will see it here.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 07:52 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Wow!
I had not noticed as I just usually look at file size.
But I can confirm the sort is screwy.
(all the other cols sort normal)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I will look into fixing this.

Update, the problem is caused by the thousands separator (the comma in this case), the conversion from its string representation to numeric is having issues with it since it can change its meaning depending on locale.

Last edited by KevinH; Yesterday at 09:45 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:37 AM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
This bug has now been fixed in Sigil master. It will appear in our next release.
Thank you for your bug report!
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 11:45 AM   #6
fdwojo
fdwojo began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Note20 Ultra, Kindle Fire HD10
Thanks, Kevin. I'm glad the cause was able to be found. There's more I need to learn about Sigil (even though I've been using it for years), but the Reports are a very handy tool for me, so I'm glad it was resolved.
fdwojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:03 PM   #7
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@KevinH: It's not good. Now the sorting by file size has stopped working.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, number sort, setting